Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax SMC 55/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Asahi Pentax SMC 55/1.8 Reply with quote

My first trip out, with a manual focus lens. Smile Prior to this, I have been using the Canon AF 50mm macro, on my Canon 40d.

Frozen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this. You could probably crop a little off the right to tighten it up a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
I like this. You could probably crop a little off the right to tighten it up a bit.

Thank you! I was wondering about that, but I am fairly new to this, so wanted to see if anyone else brought it up. Smile

I will crop some, but I need to learn to better frame, in the camera. This way I take full advantage of all my pixels, for printing. Smile

Thanks again Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pentax bokeh is well recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens!
I think the 55/1,8 and its little brother 55/2 areon top in K mount for a 50/55mm.
I tried just another 50mm better than these: Pentax A 50/2,8 macro.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Very well done!

Thank you everyone Smile

I should have mentioned earlier, that there was an extension tube involved in this shot.

I will have more to post soon Smile

Have a great evening!!