Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Horse stables - Nikkor 85/1.4 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Horse stables - Nikkor 85/1.4 AIS Reply with quote

Today I accompanied my wife to the stables, where she goes to ride. I wanted to test my new (read old and battered) Nikkor 85 mm f/1.4 AIS lens, which I got for a reasonable price.

The weather was nice (but cold) and I liked the lens. It´s quite difficult to get sfarp focus with full or nearly full aperture, though. You cannot always trust the green focus confirmation light, sometimes it´s better just to watch the screen and make several tries.

Nikon D700 body, outdoor pics mainly at ISO 200, indoors ISO 800. My usual PP (some curves, sharpening).

1. At f/4. My wife and Polostiina the horse.

2. At f/8

3. At f/4. A horse called Olli.

4. At f/2.

5. Wide open

6. At f/2

7. At f/2

8. At f/2, a tomcat called Veikko

9. at f/8

10. Wide open

11. At f/2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series, reminds me of the "good old times" Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Smile
beautiful cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#10 is best to me and all are nice!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lena, Pepes and Calvin!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series. Love the fourth shot.

An 85/1.4 or 85/2 is the only lens I'm looking for. This series just makes me want one more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp and nice focus, thank you for sharing.