Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KIRON 1:1 macro 105mm (100mm) repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: KIRON 1:1 macro 105mm (100mm) repair Reply with quote

I bought a lens with stuck focusing. I was able to release it but now it's shaky. The reason is probably screw got loosen inside due to much force used to focus. Problem: i cannot remove label ring to open from front side and reach two screws on photo. I'd appreciate good advice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack barrel in dry ice while warming label ring with hair dryer, shrinking the former while expanding the latter. Hope it's enough so it becomes possible to separate them. Once apart, repair damage to allow future re-assembly/dis-assembly without resort to such extraordinary measures.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Pack barrel in dry ice while warming label ring with hair dryer, shrinking the former while expanding the latter. Hope it's enough so it becomes possible to separate them. Once apart, repair damage to allow future re-assembly/dis-assembly without resort to such extraordinary measures.

Splendid advice. I'll try. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't work. Next step Smile - see the photo. I know it looks ugly but it was necessary procedure. This was condition to remove focusing ring. And under were the holders i needed to tighten.

Posted is also photo of aperture manipulator, it has prepared different values for other mount probably. M for Minolta...