Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bolex buy, a bit of a lucky packet I am hoping, too curious
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Bolex buy, a bit of a lucky packet I am hoping, too curious Reply with quote

Bolex buy, a bit of a lucky packet and a bit too curious too wait to see what I got Happy Dog Happy Dog

So nothing was really posted on the advert and I didn't want to wait around to ask. The only Lens I can recognize is the switar 25mm 1.4 while the other have perplexed me, it might even be an 8mm body but I am quite sure thats a 25mm switar lens

this is the only picture that was listed for the set, if anyone has any ideas, I would be glad to hear it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you’re right, the lenses speak of the 16-mm. format.

What’s nice about the offer, you have the rackover with it, so you’ll be able to do exact work. The sidefinder is not very accurate framing-wise. Focusing by the prism is perfect, macro shots with extension rings/tubes included.

The camera most certainly is in need of cleaning and fresh lubricants. Better don’t run it at higher speeds because dry bearings will soon begin to wear out. I have serviced many Paillard-Bolex H cameras, older and younger models.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photocopied manual reads H8 BOLEX CAMERA, and my first thought looking the picture was that a H8 and a bunch of d-mount lenses. But, we will see.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah correct you are, didn't notice until you said it....

I was a pretty occupied trying to give the lenses a look over, still seems to be a 25mm switar in the mix which would cover the cost of the purchase. It might have a d mount adapter on it, the big silver one still keeps a bit of hope but as you said we will see.

I'll post some pics when I get it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stared at the pic, and now I think the manual reads H8 REFLEX CAMERA. The camera is not a reflex body. This can be a very mixed lot. Just the kind I like to buy when they come my way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like C mount lenses to me.

My best guess...

25mm Switar
25mm Cooke Kinic
2" Meyer trioplan..or Wollensak 50mm
3" Berthiot Cinor or Wollensak 75mm
4" or 5" Hugo Meyer Tele Megor
150mm Kodak

Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bisbee233 wrote:
They look like C mount lenses to me.

My best guess...

25mm Switar
25mm Cooke Kinic
2" Meyer trioplan..or Wollensak 50mm
3" Berthiot Cinor or Wollensak 75mm
4" or 5" Hugo Meyer Tele Megor
150mm Kodak

Rob

Glad to see you here Rob, I only know you from your always very substantial ebay sales Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob you were pretty close, quite pleased with the set.

Switar 25mm
Cooke 25mm
B&H telate 2 inch 3.5
Berthoit 75mm 2.5
Trioplan 100mm 2.8 very little info on this lens, hard to weed out anything useful through all the m42 mount posts
Cine Kodak 152mm 4.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake, I’d love to read your statement about that Paillard-Bolex-H system of racking the camera (diagonally) over and focussing with the prism behind the turret top lens port. How practical do you find it?