Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica GM 670
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Fujica GM 670 Reply with quote

So I need this camera like a hole in the head.

I mean, I have maybe the best vintage 6x9 ever in the Kodak Medalist. And a Graflex RB SLR. Not to mention my lovely Voigtlander with the Vaskar that makes photographs rather than collections of IQ points... not to mention the Moskva and other lesser ones...
And, I have plenty of excellent 6x6's - Autocord, Diacord, Super Ikonta, Bessa 66, two or three Dolly Super Sports.
And a modern, fully working P645 that I hardly use.

So why the damn Fuji? Well, it was cheap on the bay, maybe 1/3 of what they tend to go for. It came with the great-reputation 100mm lens. It's big. I dont know. I'll play with it for a while, and at least I'll get my money back...

Anyone use the GM Fujis before?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup its B-I-G!

but awesome results. congrats.
tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it´s called texas-leica.. the size really isn´t tiny, however considering the frame format it´s quite acceptable. in case of need, you can use it for self-defense Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, man are these things big. I'll have to post a pic of this next to the Medalist Wink

Quote:
you can use it for self-defense
Yea, or a life raft except I think the damn thing would sink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the arrival by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to look happy ! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great pic Jussi, have fun with that Texas Leica Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one big sucker. I bet it will take great pictures.

I'd like to see it setting beside your Kiev IIa.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a Yashica Electro 35 GTN that has taken growth hormones, yep, big camera! Love your expression, congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tiddler compared to the combat Graphic 70, which is my dream rangefinder, but sadly too expensive and rare for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Try to look happy ! Laughing

Laughing

Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It's a tiddler compared to the combat Graphic 70, which is my dream rangefinder, but sadly too expensive and rare for me.

Ah but we can dream, can't we? That camera would be an awesome stealth street shooter - and/or get you questioned by police Very Happy

Here's some more in that vein...

"signal corps KE-4(1) combat graflex Made of magnesium yet extremely heavy, these beasts were known as the Texas Leica or Gulliver's Contax. Using perforated 70mm movie film in 50 foot loads, a spring wound shutter that could fire 10 shots in rapid succession, a dedicated flash system and three specially designed Ektar lenses (approx 2", 4" and 8") the complete system came in a fitted Olive Drab Haliburton case. Dating from 1953 and near the end of the Korean War not many saw actual combat."

This guy on flickr has an awesome military camera collection:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruiser2452/sets/72157625810345475/detail/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn´t have seen that combat graphic Shocked that is quite an awesome camera! man where can I buy it to fit my low budget Laughing ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a giant Contax really. Hubert Nerwin (sp?) the Contax designer was taken to the US as part of Operation Paperclip to work for Folmer-Graflex and that is what he designed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple with the 670 next to a Medalist.

Big and Bigger I by Nesster, on Flickr

Big and Bigger II, the sequel by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Horse / Master Lock by Nesster, on Flickr

Yellow filter, I think this was around f/5.6, Ultrafine Extreme 400 in D-76
1200 dpi scan here: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8383/8669949502_d68154859e_o.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a shooter, excellent result! I made up a batch of D-76, too. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster, if the fuji is the Texas Leica here is a relative...... not a rangefinder though javascript:emoticon('Cool')
url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20134/big_5161_8670596648_1afbaf03e1_b_1.jpg][/url]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVR wrote:
Nesster, if the fuji is the Texas Leica here is a relative...... not a rangefinder though javascript:emoticon('Cool')

Oh excellent! I do wonder how Kodak packed so much into such a small brick... and there are times I wish I'd gone 67 instead of 645 with the Pentax.