Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Useless aps going for sael
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Useless aps going for sael Reply with quote

sl cameras go for 3 bucks up
aps cameras 5..10 bucks
aps film.. 2..3 bucks

Who is buying that? Lomographors?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also found Anodenbatterie 15 V (from the 70s?)
So rare completed listings don't show.

Is there a collector's market for that otherwise it goes to recycling.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Useless aps going for sael Reply with quote

buerokratiehasser wrote:
sl cameras go for 3 bucks up
aps cameras 5..10 bucks
aps film.. 2..3 bucks

Who is buying that? Lomographors?

It depends of the cameras!!!

Examples?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on cameras? I see some offered on US ebay where the fact that it is APS, is in fine print, doubtless to prey upon
the limp-faced/unwary. Perhaps doing meatball surgery to remove the lens to stick on m4/3 or NEX, etc, might be worthwhile.

So far my consummate limp-faced/unwary moment was buying a Sekor *SX* 2.8/28 M42 lens where the fstop ring locks fast against
any adapter you choose to try. Paid a paltry $98 plus shipping for that little education. Waited too long to try it for ebay buyers' protection
and was rather embarrassed for my lack of research, anyway. Anyone that has a Mamiya SX camera is welcome to this lens, for shipping.

Actually free shipping, if overseas, will send it by yak caravan. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mamiya SX lenses will work fine on most M42 film cameras as the mount normally sits a bit forward of the camera body.
The SX lenses can be used on any Pentax M42 I can think of, for example, as well as the earlier Mamiyas and Ricoh TLS, etc.

Some SX lenses are easily modified, by just removing the pin, to make them usable on DSLR. This is a reversible operation. Others, not so easily, due to the notorious overhang. The 28/2.8 doesn't have the overhang I think, as I have a Sears relabeled version. I have modified it and I'll probably test it sometime.

APS ? Well, that's another matter.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, the lens' fstop ring locks fast against two different brands of M42>C/Y adapters plus two different M42 adapters to NEX. I'm done
with this heavy lens which lies sulking on one of my desks at home. If you want it, you're welcome to it. Pity, reported IQ from this lens
is supposed to be one of the better 28s. This does have the notorious overhang, BTW.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The overhang is not a problem that can be fixed cleanly, and certainly not reversibly.
I am uncertain whether I want to try such an operation, not because it is difficult, but because it would spoil a more-or-less collectible lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, filing down the raised lip around the back of the lens is irreversible--someone with a Mamiya SLR this lens was designed for would
be a more favorable situation. Still, it languishes unused...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth filing that lip off Bill as that Mamiya 28mm has 8 elements, more than any other 28mm of the era so should be one of the best and very highly corrected.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these, it should take that lip down quick enough, and fairly neatly too with a bit of care.
Second best to a lathe.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the mamiya sx 28 for close to nothing, and i knew nothing about that, so i filed the lip and jammed the pin.
Well, now it's my favorite 28 in m42, i like it better Than well respected lenses like the takumar 28/3.5 on apsc (on FF the tak has much better corner sharpness).

Edit:
I forgot to mention: I saw some modified m42 to canon adapters that are supposed to take these lenses with out issues. I tried to modify one for my sony but the adapter is just too thin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens will be sent by steamer to Ireland. Apology for hijacking thread. Embarassed Will take some pictures of lens
today and post in appropriate section. It is heavier than the old Konica 28 I gave away for a body cap on a T3.