Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rain Forest Stream - Flek 25/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Rain Forest Stream - Flek 25/4 Reply with quote

I put the Flektogon on the K110D for this shot. The Flek was stopped down to f:11, and it seems to really show fine sharpness and detail when stopped down.

This was a surprising amount of color for being in Winter. There is enough warmth coming off the ocean, that some of the greenery is starting to get... well.....green!

Rain Forest Stream
Pentax K110D
Flektogon 25/4
f:11, 1/30th

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely. I like the way the water has a sense of flow without going too soft and milky. The greens are wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a lot more green than we do. Lovely as always. The Flek is a nice lens and I am getting more and more comfortable with mine.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful shot - great colours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb colors and interesting composition, different from your usual clean style but nicely balanced and pertinent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think other captures with film was lot better.This is contrast less, color less compare with others. Perhaps season ? Light less forest or simple 6x6 film is better than DSLR ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! This is a more detailed image than I am used to, and it's difficult for me to try to de-emphasize so many details throughout the composition.

Attila, you are correct. The day was very cloudy and moody with extremely flat light. I considered boosting the saturation, but in the end just "went" with the way it was in person. On a summer day, I would suspect this image would have more punch to it. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, the greens in the film pictures come from Velvia.

Nothing does green like Velvia.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this too Orio.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the composition!
What an excellent shot!