Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 5D + SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Canon 5D + SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 Reply with quote

All shot RAW & processed :

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many classic shoots are here well done!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: 5D And SMC 50 1.4 Reply with quote

Great shots. They make beautiful music together!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the BMW shots, really great!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The countryside, with the beech trees, the hills and the low cloud, looks exactly like where I live. Did you visit here? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite is the last BMW shot where it is backlit by an approaching car's headlights.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good images there. How do you like the lens?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like it very much..

I was wondering.......to get a planar 50mm 1.4 or a pancolar 50mm 1.4 ......or a 50mm 1.2 manual lens......

but the hell with it, I'll stick with this one.....there's no point in spending more money for 'fiction'.

i'll just make use of what I got....and what i got is a lens that satisfies my needs..

it tends to be yellowish due to the coating,but i kinda like it's warm feel to the images... Yellowish is incorrect. warm is more appropriate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do also tend to `yellow' a bit over time. I got mine from a charity shop and it was pretty brown. A few days in the sun or UV lamp does the trick.

If you use yours a lot on sunny days, you may find the yellow fades.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

i didn't know that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have once compared the 50mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar (Rollei 35 version) to the 50mm f/1.4 Super-Takumar (so not even SMC) and there were NO important differences that I could see. I'm sure there are but I'm not the kind of person to do pixel peeping.

BTW, those shots are great, I like them very much!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what spotmatic says encourages me to keep the lens. I ain't no pixel peeper either

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, and I have tried many lenses from different brands, nothing comes close to the quality of Takumars. They are sharp and contrasty. Some may not always like the bokeh at all (that's for instance why I like the 100mm Meyer Orestor more than the 105mm Super-Takumar) but mechanically they are the best from what's available out there. Isn't it remarkable that our Takumars still function like new, with buttery-smooth focus without any play, no oily diaphragms etc. even after 40-50 years? That's not only remarkable but also a sign of the super high quality in both the materials used and the factory's quality control. I've yet to see my first dud, and I have owned and tried many takumars (in excess of 30-40 examples). I have no other M42 lenses, regardless of the brand, which fundtion still flawless after so many years. Only the Takumars do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results, no modification to the camera or lens needed? I have this lens and it is my favorite, it has stuck with me for years while so many others have come and gone. I have shot it on a canon rebel, panasonic gh2, 5d mark ii, and now I am looking to try it on a 5D classic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Personally, and I have tried many lenses from different brands, nothing comes close to the quality of Takumars. They are sharp and contrasty. Some may not always like the bokeh at all (that's for instance why I like the 100mm Meyer Orestor more than the 105mm Super-Takumar) but mechanically they are the best from what's available out there. Isn't it remarkable that our Takumars still function like new, with buttery-smooth focus without any play, no oily diaphragms etc. even after 40-50 years? That's not only remarkable but also a sign of the super high quality in both the materials used and the factory's quality control. I've yet to see my first dud, and I have owned and tried many takumars (in excess of 30-40 examples). I have no other M42 lenses, regardless of the brand, which fundtion still flawless after so many years. Only the Takumars do.

+10!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that 5D Classic has fantastic colours... still a good buy over the cheaper entry SLRs available.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rich colours in your shots remind me of some shots I took myself with this same lens a few years ago. This was on film,
so I wasn't sure what caused the warm colours, but it's possible the lens had yellowed slightly and I wonder if yours might
have too. I stored it on a well-lit shelf with the caps off for a few months and the colours have now normalised.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPER_DUPER-----I want One Wink Very Happy Smile