Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Backgrounds Bokeh mirrors etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Backgrounds Bokeh mirrors etc Reply with quote

After working on retouching the rings from mirror lens backgrounds I think I have the way to easily correct future ones.

If after taking the shot you shoot it again with a focus setting that avoids donuts one can then add that second background where needed to your original shot. Here is the process as I see it. I should add I haven’t yet tried it but see no reason why it won’t work very easily and quickly.

Shoot the scene again from the same viewpoint and exposure but focus so as to avoid donuts. In Photoshop paste your original image (The subject) onto your re-shot background image. With the Erase tool set to opacity of about 30% erase around your offending donuts to reveal the re-shot background beneath. It should blend in perfectly. There should be no need to carefully work to edges or worry about tonal changes because the two shots should be almost the same.

Those of you seeking some special ‘Bokeh’ effects with non mirror lenses may wish to try something similar.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob!
I have to try that when I am back home!
Sometimes this doughnut bokeh is OK, but I had a few shots where that killed the final pictures. Confused