Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta AF short zooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Minolta AF short zooms Reply with quote

which is best ?

35-70 / 4 Macro that's the compact one with 49mm filter thread, the 'mini beercan'

or...

28-85 / 3.5 4.5 Macro, which is the bigger one with 55mm filter thread

I already have the 35-70 and I like the size and the constant aperture, but I can get a 28-85 which has a slightly better range but it is bigger, a lot heavier and is slower.
I rarely use my Minolta AF stuff, so it's not crucial that I have the 28-85 unless it's so damn good that I keep both! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both of those lenses i can do a comparison if you like, the 28-85 is nice i prefer the 35-105 a much better lens.
Also a really nice lens is the 24-85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 24-50 is a very nice lens as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have/use any of those lenses but judging just the range/speed i would say to stick to the one you have Wink Better to buy eventually an UWA fix or zoom lens if you wand something wider. the 28-85 having wider range could also habe more distorsions at the wide end. On dyxum.com you could find some user reviews about there two lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyxum is the first place I tried, it really is a good web site, but both lenses get great reviews ( fan boys ? ) and I'm sure they are both good. I have the AF 50 1.7, and the 35-70, then I have nothing until the 500mm AF Reflex, but the 28-85, although it has a greater range, doesn't go anywhere near filling the gap. But the lens is up for grabs on a nice Minolta 7000i - a camera I already have.
I'm kinda thinking ahead and hoping to drop on a cheap Sony digital DSLR so I can use these lenses more, so it's not a desperate situation. I think I'll stick with the 35-70, and if you have a need for a 7000i with a 28-85 check out the Marketplace, it'll probably be there very soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLoydy i could definatly recommend to pickup an A700 a fantastic camera there is one on Dyxum for £225

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great camera, but they certainly hold their price. Tempting though.....