Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 28mm f2.8 or carl zeiss flektagon 35mm f 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Olympus 28mm f2.8 or carl zeiss flektagon 35mm f 2.8 Reply with quote

Hi!
I would appreciate some quick advise.
The lens is to be used on a canon 60d.
If we set aside the difference in focal lenght. Which would you buy and wy.
The olympus costs about 100$ and the flektagon about 120$

Best Einar [/u]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that others can tell you more about these two lenses in question, the Flek sure is famous around here. Without having personal experience of either of the two, I'd think that the crucial question here is if you rather use a 28 or a 35mm, and that you can answer only yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus 28mm f2.8 or carl zeiss flektagon 35mm f 2.8 Reply with quote

Einar368 wrote:
Hi!
I would appreciate some quick advise.
The lens is to be used on a canon 60d.
If we set aside the difference in focal lenght. Which would you buy and wy.
The olympus costs about 100$ and the flektagon about 120$

Best Einar [/u]

What mount is the Flek? if it's not M42 you might have trouble using it on the Canon.

The Flek can focus very close (18cm on my Exakta mount version) so it's great for closeups of flowers etc.

I've no personal experience with the Olympus but that's a more modern lens and almost certainly has better coatings.