Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 135mm f3.5 MC PB
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 135mm f3.5 MC PB Reply with quote

Hi all!

I have a Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 135mm f3.5 MC in Praktika PB mount, i think. Should i keep it and get an adapter, or sell it for next to nothing? I also have a Pentacon Prakticar 28mm f2.8 MC in the same mount.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get the adapter, it's a beautiful lens. Seek Prakticar 1.4/50mm, one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are excellent lens, surely buy an adapter. 28mm quality can be vary, depend who made it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is a Sonnar 135/3.5, rebadged as "Prakticar" and fitted with PB mount. Buy an adapter, put it on the lens and enjoy using the Sonnar 135/3.5 for a fraction of its eBay price. That's what I did. But if you decide to sell it for next to nothing, sell it to me - I'll have a good use for it with a PB-EOS adapter Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
You should get the adapter, it's a beautiful lens. Seek Prakticar 1.4/50mm, one of my favorites.

Yep, the Prakticar 50/1.4 is a superb lens... but unfortunately its rear lens hits the mirror of 5DmkII when focused to just around 6 meters. Bummer...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

28mm is a good lens too, as Attila says, they vary in quality, I have had three and the best one was excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

+1

Attila wrote:
Both are excellent lens, surely buy an adapter. 28mm quality can be vary, depend who made it.

+1 photos below

aoleg wrote:
This lens is a Sonnar 135/3.5, rebadged as "Prakticar" and fitted with PB mount. Buy an adapter, put it on the lens and enjoy using the Sonnar 135/3.5 for a fraction of its eBay price. That's what I did. But if you decide to sell it for next to nothing, sell it to me - I'll have a good use for it with a PB-EOS adapter Smile

I'm not selling it Razz. But if i found one here in Bulgaria i will PM you, they are darn cheap here, for 10-20 euro or less...

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
28mm is a good lens too, as Attila says, they vary in quality, I have had three and the best one was excellent.

This has the same bottom markings as the 136mm.

Thanks guys, i had the same impression it was a keeper.

I will soon post pictures, adapter comes next week.

Here are photos of the 28mm:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is early (better) metal version. Infinity can be easily adjusted (3 small screws on focusing ring). I think in time those will become more valuable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtodorovsky wrote:
I'm not selling it Razz. But if i found one here in Bulgaria i will PM you, they are darn cheap here, for 10-20 euro or less...

Please do! Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
This is early (better) metal version. Infinity can be easily adjusted (3 small screws on focusing ring). I think in time those will become more valuable.

I just bought Prakticar Zeiss 135/3/5 lens to be used on EOS body. How do we adjust the infinity focus?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shreedhar wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

I just bought Prakticar Zeiss 135/3/5 lens to be used on EOS body. How do we adjust the infinity focus?

I assume you don't reach infinity? How far do you get?