Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 4/20mm converted to Nikon AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Flektogon 4/20mm converted to Nikon AI Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to get this lense via ebay Germany, and now I'm very happy to have it. I have not yet taken any pictures with it, but for pictures of the lense you can go here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170306383870&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:DE:1123

I hope the link works.

Thomas

P.S. What a wonderful lense! And now I can use it with the D700!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be very interesting to see the results, especially if you can host original size image files on Flickr or a similar site.

I bought mine from Orio and sent it to a Zeiss guru for lube (it was a little stiff but otherwise excellent), I look forward to getting it back. Mine's original M42 mount and I have no intention of modifying it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came back from a three-day trip to Berlin, where I took quite a few pictures with the Flektogon/D700 combo. The lense is a dream, everything works well. I heard that it needs relubing from time to time, but mine is still working very smoothly.
When I find the time, I will put up some pictures in the Oversize Gallery.

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
Looks nice. Is it a preset or auto?

All Fleks 4/20 are auto, but they have a button to press that stops down the aperture if required.
Of course if you use a flanged adapter you can turn them into manual.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is auto, and according to the list of CZJ lenses was made betwen 1970 and 1975. One of my first cameras in the early 70es, when I lived in Berlin, was a Practica with three CZJ lenses.This is my first one with the Nikon body. The adaption was done very well, a very clean job and according to the former owner was done by a whiz-kid with nothing more than tape and sandpaper!

I put three pictures up in the Oversize Gallery, but must say that I still have to practice a lot with this lense, before I am satisfied with the results. The lense works prefectly and I like the width and the rectilinear pictures it makes.

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
It is auto, and according to the list of CZJ lenses was made betwen 1970 and 1975. One of my first cameras in the early 70es, when I lived in Berlin, was a Practica with three CZJ lenses.This is my first one with the Nikon body. The adaption was done very well, a very clean job and according to the former owner was done by a whiz-kid with nothing more than tape and sandpaper!

It would be nice to see a photo of the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

try the link in my first mail. There you can see it in all its splendour.

Thomas