Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identify this mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Help identify this mount Reply with quote

It is from a Moeller 30/2x anamorphic attachment. Looks like a rear prime was fitted by bayonet mount.

Do you know the mount?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proprietary probably, can't see any reason why an anamorphic would have a normal bayonet on it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda looks like Konica or maybe Minolta MC/MD:

Scroll about halfway down for good photos of the Konica and MC/MD mounts:
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

If that is Minolta, you would have to use an SLR with mirror lock up, like an SRT-101, and an accessory viewfinder, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like either Minolta or Konica, though they both have a similar cutout in one lug.
The position of this one is different from I either I think.
A photo of the rest of the lens (side view) may tell us whether this is just the anamorphic attachment or whether it is attached to an actual lens, such as one that requires mirror lockup, as noted above.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Doesn't look like either Minolta or Konica, though they both have a similar cutout in one lug.
The position of this one is different from I either I think.
A photo of the rest of the lens (side view) may tell us whether this is just the anamorphic attachment or whether it is attached to an actual lens, such as one that requires mirror lockup, as noted above.

I was looking a bit further into this because it got my curiosity aroused and I came across a video camera 1/3-inch bayonet mount. You might want to do some research on that topic as well. That's apparently a mount used in various high-end video cameras. Just google "1/3 inch bayonet video" and you'll see what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right.
Thats what it looks like.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks just like the mount for Yashica Pentamatic lens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more images here

http://www.kevincameras.com/gallery/v/movie_len/moller_anamorphot_30_2x/

I may be wrong but I think the mount attaches to a prime, or a system of primes, but its just guesswork

the shank of the mount (without lugs) is approx 75mm from the images

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cameramate.com/vintage/2-pieces-Moller-Anamorphot-46-2x-lenses.html

It may be an adapter to some other mount. These things look like they have a range of screw-on adapters for front-mounting - see the link.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, seen those. They are projection scopes for 35mm cinema or 16mm .

The 30/2x discussed here is more like for filming with a cine or stills film camera. Maybe for projection also as a 2in1 usage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought.....

are there large/medium format cameras with this type of bayonet filter mount???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
Just a thought.....

are there large/medium format cameras with this type of bayonet filter mount???

Yes, Pentacon 6 (P6) mount lenses like the CZJ 180mm f2.8 "Olympic" Sonnar have something similar. P6 to universal M42 adapters are available cheap on ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,

I was also looking at Bay70 filters which look a bit similar, certainly size wise