Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old and New -- Takumar 200mm F3.5 Preset and D600
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Old and New -- Takumar 200mm F3.5 Preset and D600 Reply with quote

I am a new Nikon shooter. I've been a Pentax guy and have shot many years exclusively with M42 lenses, namely Pentax Takumars. I have a large collection of pristine Takumar lenses that have been gathering dust since getting the D600, which I have not been happy with at all.

Well, today I shot my first test shots with my favorite lens, the Takumar 200mm F3.5 Preset lens. I am using my D600 with a modified Bower infinity adapter.

So far it looks VERY promising Very Happy

My dog Freya stood in for the test subject. BTW, 200mm on a full frame is A LOT different than 200mm on a crop sensor. I could almost use this as a portrait lens!

Freya-D600-Tak-200mm-F3.5-Preset-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Freya-D600-Tak-200mm-F3.5-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Freya-D600-Tak-200mm-F3.5-Preset-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

So far I am very happy. I thought that I would no longer be able to use my favorite lenses, my Taks. Now I see light at the end of the tunnel. I'll have to do more testing, but so far the optical element in the adapter doesn't look like it affects image quality, or sharpness. I need to shoot a few landscapes to see how well the adapter works on the edges as well as distortions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 1 is a cracking shot, I like it a lot. I've heard good things about this lens before. What aperture did you use?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It is an excellent lens, my favorite 200mm lens. These were all shot wide open. It gets even sharper stopped down!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
No. 1 is a cracking shot, I like it a lot.

+1!! And a nice dog too.
Colorado C wrote:
I am using my D600 with a modified Bower infinity adapter. So far it looks VERY promising ..........
These were all shot wide open. It gets even sharper stopped down! ...
I'll have to do more testing, but so far the optical element in the adapter doesn't look like it affects image quality, or sharpness.

Iam really surprised, never expected such IQ with an adapter with glass Shocked Shocked
My experience so far is quite different. I have to rethink my ideas about what is possible and try with another adapter.