Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

COMPONON 1:4/28 - ARRIVED!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: COMPONON 1:4/28 - ARRIVED!! Reply with quote

Just picked up my first enlarger Smile

I do not mind trying out something new, for less than $15 USD!! Smile

Now I just need to get my hands on a decent helicoid, or bellows and I will soon have some shots up for review Smile

Last edited by tinybynature on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Any reviews? Reply with quote

I have read some decent things about this lens. Does anyone have any reviews or sample pics?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect some high magnification then... f=28mm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

does anyone have this lens?

any examples to post?

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. There are different versions of this lens though. Mine has a limited helicoid (there must be a picture of it somewhere around here) so on a DIY-adapter I built I could take pictures from 1,5 m to infinity. Like all Componons it's very sharp; a little prone to flare though. It looked nice on my Nex. My copy has a fixed aperture e.g. the lens opening looks like a 2.8 to me, but the aperture doesn't open that wide. I'll be looking for a better helicoid, but they're not for free...
I could contribute some pictures; they must be on my other computer, so be patient Razz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Thanks Harry Smile

I can't wait to see your pics.

I bought mine last night and I expect delivery in the next 2 weeks.

Here a couple photos of the one I just bought. The seller was not good with a camera (very obvious)

I picked this one up for just over $13 USD. I think I got a deal!! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was just a tad more expensive, I paid 15 Euro. Had to convince the seller that I was a Componon collector, he wouldn't sell it otherwise. I may not be a true collector, but I've got some 4 or 5 Componons lying around, the long ones are very nice on bellows. Sometimes you need to buy the enlarger with it, and it really hurts to dump a good Durst, but what can you do? I've got all the spares I could dream of, already provided all the kids in the neighbourhood with those nice collector lenses, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Arrived :) Reply with quote

The enlarger has arrived and it is in great shape. I was a little worried, with the blurry photos posted by the seller.

I have been doing some research on this lens and most of the Componon 1:4 28mm enlargers I see on ebay, are going for 200 and up. I paid just less than $14 USD for mine. I wonder if it was because the seller miss-spelled the lens name, in the listing title.

"Enlarger Lens COMPONEN 1:4/28 Schneider Kreuznach"

Could have been the blurry photos too.

Here are some images of the lens, all cleaned up and ready for shooting. Does anyone know what the thread size is for this enlarger? I was expecting a 39mm thread, but it is quite a bit smaller than that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread size ought to be M25, if
my memory is not too rusty.

See here:
http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=16409