Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange error with NX-10 and adapters - help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Strange error with NX-10 and adapters - help Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having a very strange error with my NX-10 and some adapters. I received today 3 Roxsen adapters for Pentax PK, M42 and Nikon. I tested all three with different lenses, several times, on my NX-10 and any lens I used with PK and M42 adapter had a "No lens" error and couldn't take a picture. But with the Nikon adapter and 2 different lenses I had no error and took pictures OK.

I also tested the same lens and adapters on my NX100 and everything was ok without any error.

Do you have knowledge of a similar error? Please help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought is a misalignment between the camera and adapter contacts on the NX10.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
My first thought is a misalignment between the camera and adapter contacts on the NX10.

I tought of that, but the same adapters work fine on the NX100...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These adapters has no electrical contacts, but perhaps press something on camera body.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I got m42 to nx adapter with roxsen brand for my NX100, and I have the same "no lens" message comes out. Any idea on how to solve this? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
These adapters has no electrical contacts, but perhaps press something on camera body.

I fully agree with Attila.
My NX5 works fine with all adapters, but my M42 adapter doesn't work on the NX100 unless I strongly turn it anticlockwise.
If not done so, it gives me "No lens attached" error. It looks like the NX100 (and maybe the NX10) have some control pin pressed by the adapter...

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maykind wrote:
Hi, I got m42 to nx adapter with roxsen brand for my NX100, and I have the same "no lens" message comes out. Any idea on how to solve this? Thanks

Try to turn it strongly counterclockwise (in the mounting sense) and see if the camera recognizes it (no need for a lens to be attached for this test). It happens to me on the NX100 only.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:

I lost track of this posting thread and just re-discovered it today. In the original posting I did not mean electrical contacts - I was referring to the switch contacts on the cameras.

If you look in the mounting slots of the Samsung bodies, there is a switch there. In my various adapters I have found that:
1) the adapter does not turn far enough to engage the switch - some smart filing of the stop tabs can fix this to allow the adapter to turn a bit further against the switch.
2) the adapter turns too far past the switch - back off the adapter a bit - this is the worst type as it constantly shifts - I added a small dab of epoxy on one of the stop tabs to make it stop short
3) the adapter has the positioning dot in the wrong place - try rotating the adapter about a third of a turn each way and see if it fits correctly when mounted 'incorrectly' - this of course makes the lens controls off by about 120 degrees . This is a common problem on many Chinese M42 adapters

There appears to be an actual difference between the dimensions of the mounting slots, switches and tabs between the NX10 and NX100 on the actual bodies and, also, to make it a bit more complicated the same type differences on various adapters.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, here's what I had to do to get my adapter to work
http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f4/m42-adapter-nx10-no-lens-problem-7035/index2.html