Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Swans - Ilford FP4+ in Kodak Microdol-X, Zenitar M2S
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Swans - Ilford FP4+ in Kodak Microdol-X, Zenitar M2S Reply with quote

Light was tricky but the film seems to have coped well with it. I like this little plastic Russian lens, very sharp and the coatings are excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have got a VG combo of film an dev... with dev times etc maybe you should move up to medium format (if you haven't tried it).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the plan, I've been stockpiling MF film in order to be able to do exactly as you suggest. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results.

I almost hate to mention such a small detail of a good series, but the water highlights with the stars inside the circles are very trippy, I bet that would look cool shooting video.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like em. I noted those highlights too, the lens has 6 aperture blades which accounts for their shape. Late 90s for a uni project I shot some video in this spot, similar to how you describe, I zoomed in on the water and the ripples formed a constantly rolling effect that was most hypnotic. Sadly none of my VHS tapes still exist to be converted to digital.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one is not sharp enough Sad others are nice, sharp contrasty images.