Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ilford FP4+ in Kodak Microdol-X, Micro-Nikkor 3.5/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Ilford FP4+ in Kodak Microdol-X, Micro-Nikkor 3.5/55 Reply with quote

I've become very fond of this Micro-Nikkor and old metal objects, especially weathered, rusted ones.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC Microdol and FP4 was a good combo 50 years ago, but for me mixing powder with water and storing in bottles was a PITA...I preferred the one shot Unitol and to keep the air out of the bottle used marbles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series, I love them all!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers.

FP4 and Microdol have been around a very long time, so they have stood the test of time. IIRC this Microdol expired in 1985 (sealed in a metal tin) and the FP4+ expired 1996, but it's aged quite nicely, like a fine wine Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great detail in these photos, grain nearly invisible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Orio. Seems the trick for grain is to aim for a denser negative than you would want for printing in an enlarger, seems to scan better for me.