Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Tessar 50mm--Walk in the snow
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: CZJ Tessar 50mm--Walk in the snow Reply with quote

I have not used this lens very much since I bought it so when my wife invited me to walk with her I brought it along.
I think I will like this lens, it seems sharp. I will learn more about it when spring arrives.

Last edited by uddhava on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice winter series. Your shots show the typical crispness of the Tessar, I too think you will really enjoy this lens. It is best at f5.6 and f8 in terms of sharpness.

I really like #4, well done.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nice winter series. Your shots show the typical crispness of the Tessar, I too think you will really enjoy this lens. It is best at f5.6 and f8 in terms of sharpness.

I really like #4, well done.

Glad you liked the photos. Yes I think will enjoy this lens. The sharpness of the lens makes up for the lack of sharpness of my eyes.
Now I am trying to increase my collection by adding CZJ lenses as you advised and so far it is turning out successful. They are not so
expensive here in Hungary and are often for sale in Budapest which is not too far from where I live.
Now I have a Pancolar 1.8/50 M42 and I recently bought a Sonnar 4/135 and a Flektagon 2.8/35 that are with the Exakta mount. I will post some photos soon, weather permitting.

Thanks for noticing this older post!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome.

CZJ lenses are great, and in Exakta, they are cheaper than M42, most of mine are in Exakta for this reason. I have a Pancolar 1.8/50 in Exakta that came from Budapest, a beautiful lens, I love it. The Sonnar 135 is great too, I sold mine because I could make a nice profit on it and I have Russian copies of it that are just as good.

The weakness of the CZJ lenses is the mechanical aspects, the focus often becomes stiff through hardening of lubricants and the aperture mechanism is a bit weak so they often stick. However, there are some great repairmen in Budapest, Attila can direct you to them.

I look forward to seeing some more CZJ samples. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
You are most welcome.

CZJ lenses are great, and in Exakta, they are cheaper than M42, most of mine are in Exakta for this reason. I have a Pancolar 1.8/50 in Exakta that came from Budapest, a beautiful lens, I love it. The Sonnar 135 is great too, I sold mine because I could make a nice profit on it and I have Russian copies of it that are just as good.

The weakness of the CZJ lenses is the mechanical aspects, the focus often becomes stiff through hardening of lubricants and the aperture mechanism is a bit weak so they often stick. However, there are some great repairmen in Budapest, Attila can direct you to them.

I look forward to seeing some more CZJ samples. Smile

Yes, the aperture on my Pancolar sticks some and the Flektagon has a very stiff focus.

Here are a few samples the Pancolar..http://forum.mflenses.com/newold-lens-czj-pancolar-1-8-50-t56367.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lens that's cheap and underrated (because of the relatively slow maximum aperture, people tend to ignore it. As well as the poor state they're usually in too).

Number 2 shows that it can produce some nice pop at large apertures and 4, 10 and 11 prove that it can be a handy landscape performer too, although it's got a long effective focal length of crop cameras which can make landscapes a tight fit sometimes!

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love #4 as well it reminds me of a Christmas card snow scene.I have never been disappointed with any CZJ lens.