Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Contessa LK - Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contessa LK - Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Pictures taken with AGFA CINEREX (X-ray film) and developed in D76 1+1

Lens: Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8
Closest Focus: 1m (3.3ft)
Aperture: f/2.8 - f/22, 5 bladed
Shutter: 1/500 to 1/15 + B (Bulb)
Copal Leaf shutter
Light meter: Coupled Selenium cell, needle visible on top and in the viewfinder.
ISO 10 - 800
Battery: None
Flash: X sync connection
Weight: 600 g

Review, more and hires images can be found on my blog: http://blog.bkspicture.com/review_Zeiss_Ikon_Contessa_LK-Carl_Zeiss_Tessar_50mm_f2.8.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, sharp and contrasty with nice tonality. Tessars are always good lenses, sadly they get overlooked often due to how common they are and the 2.8 max aperture.

Image 3 is my favourite, I very much like the aesthetic created by the sunlight from top left.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice work, sharp and contrasty with nice tonality. Tessars are always good lenses, sadly they get overlooked often due to how common they are and the 2.8 max aperture.

Image 3 is my favourite, I very much like the aesthetic created by the sunlight from top left.

True, just put this one out for auktion so it will be interesting to see what I can get for it.
Wave the name zeiss around and one never know Smile

Many thanks for the nice comment

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned many Tessars, mostly 2.8/50s, sold most of them, prices vary a lot, they are very common lenses but also many of them have focus/aperture issues so for a good working one, a decent price is possible I think. Good luck with the sale.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same camera, this was with fuji 400H.

The lens lacks flare resistance (as to be expected from a lens of this age), but seems to handle itself really nicely for closeish work.

-Ben