Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street shots with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4.0 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Street shots with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4.0 m42 Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4.0 m42 zebra on Canon 5dm2.
Thanks to Attila for this lens, a very unique piece of glass.

I did an amateur comparison between this lens and the Yashica 24mm f2.8 c/y.
Tell me what is your opinion.

#1 @f4 near MFD

#2 @f4 normal distance

#3 @f16

#4 @f5.6

#5 @f11

#6 @f22

#7 @f11

#8 @f4

#9 @f8

#10 @f5.6

#11 @f8

#12 @f8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the 39 malls? Fine documentation of typical upmarket US mall

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this lens for a while - i bought it for a friend and played a couple of weeks with it - and I fell in love with it (probably the best m42 wide that I have ever used) and these pics show why.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens in exakta mount. lovely lens indeed. I used in Sony Nex. I sold mine only because I need more compact lens.
It is nice to use it in DSLR, specially MarkII. yours looks great Hoan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see it in good hands!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
One of the 39 malls? Fine documentation of typical upmarket US mall
patrickh

The area had been developed alot last few years, to be more like 'european' style, but still not same experience.
The best places I have been which are similar are in the western coast of LA, beach towns, like Santa Monica.
I can also taste that Starbucks has a few minor improvement Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
I've had this lens for a while - i bought it for a friend and played a couple of weeks with it - and I fell in love with it (probably the best m42 wide that I have ever used) and these pics show why.

In spite of mirror issues at near infinity, I also ended up using this lens more than the Yashica in the same day.

IAZA wrote:
I had this lens in exakta mount. lovely lens indeed. I used in Sony Nex. I sold mine only because I need more compact lens. It is nice to use it in DSLR, specially MarkII. yours looks great Hoan.

Thanks Suat. It's surely not the most compact, but it has character and properties that other 24s don't have.