Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 70-150 f:3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Tamron 70-150 f:3.5 Reply with quote

I got this lens as part of a bundle some time ago and thought I'd give it a go, to see if I was missing out on anything.
It's a bit of an odd size now for crop cams and it falls short of a good Kiron or SP as far as IQ goes.
The first two pics are at f:8 and f:11 and aren't too bad - acceptable enough for general mucking around with a nondescript lens.
The cream building on the middle right is actually that shape, it's not lens distortion.

The third pic was taken at f:3.5 and the softness and CA are bloody awful.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non-SP Tamrons are for "consumer" consumption and it shows. Very ho-hum lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In close up and portrait distance my copy is a great performer, I love this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The non-SP Tamrons are for "consumer" consumption and it shows. Very ho-hum lens.
patrickh

It's not actually as bad as it looks - 100% crops show it to be fairly acceptable as a cooking lens, but not one I'd miss losing if it fell in the sea.