Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

smc Takumar 55mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: smc Takumar 55mm f1.8 Reply with quote

A few images I shot today...

An Auto Takumar 55/1.8 shot with the smc Takuma 55/1/8 at f2.8

auto tak 5518 by ariban, on Flickr

People waiting for the bus... today on way to work...f2.8

29 jan 2013 smc tak 5518 at 2.8 by ariban, on Flickr

A Colleague,- wide open while he was on the phone...

29 jan 13 sb tak wideopen by ariban, on Flickr

The pen-stand on my office table... wide open

smc tak wide open by ariban, on Flickr

Nice little lens indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens and the SMC version - both superb! Nice colourful shots btw! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Edgar Reply with quote

Glad you liked them Edgar. I am looking forward to testing the Auto Tak. Got it just today...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatyfull colors indeed!

I'm considering take a 55/f4 for macro, do you think i can expect similar results with it in outdoor too?

[]s,

RSalles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: RSalles Reply with quote

Though I have not used the 55/4 myself, whatever I have seen of it says that like all macro lenses, it will be frightfully sharp and render good contrast and colors. A bit slow at f4 but with some practice , will also work as a lovely 50mm normal, as long as light is optimum.
Macros are best shot manual. While 50mm is short for bugs, it should be fine for products, flowers etc. In all likelihood, you will have fun with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, love the colour as well as the sharpness!

RSalles wrote:
Beatyfull colors indeed!

I'm considering take a 55/f4 for macro, do you think i can expect similar results with it in outdoor too?

[]s,

RSalles

The 50 (55??) /4 is great. Have it myself, in the 1:2 version. The early (pre-set) version goes 1:1, if you can get that particular version, it will give you more versatility!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good samples Arjit, showing well how very good this lens is too, congrats!
I am curious in which ways you will find the Auto Takumar to be different.

RSalles the Macro 4/50 is great for street photography, as expected from a Macro it's super sharp and it being slow and it's very recessed front element makes it very safe against lens flares.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos. I have it too, both f1.8 and f2.0 versions, but s-m-c.
Also prefer street/walk with the macro 4/50.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Beatyfull colors indeed!

[]s,

RSalles

I've had the macro tak preset for a while, and, for my needs, it is one of the best normals I have ever had.