Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak B31, Pathé/Angenieux 6x9 folder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Kodak B31, Pathé/Angenieux 6x9 folder Reply with quote

I think it's a little known fact that Angenieux made a few lenses for Kodak medium format cameras in the '50s, after the French government introduced protectionist laws, forcing foreign companies to manufacture and assemble goods in France. According to the few sources I've found on the Internet, Kodak cameras were manufactured by Pathé, and often carried Angenieux lenses, with the same specification as their international counterparts.

I recently bought from French local ads a couple of these folders, a Kodak Special 620 and its successor, a B31. Both carry a very nice blue-coated Angenieux Anastigmat 100mm f/4.5, and both shoot 6x9 on 620 film. The earlier camera has a better shutter and is made of metal with a collapsible viewfinder. The B31 has an aluminium body and a plastic top, with a simple shutter lacking low speeds, and with a maximum speed of 1/100, but it's very light and its simple construction makes it sturdy. It can also be easily converted to accept 120 film in its feeding spool, by cutting a few protrusions with a Dremel in the film chamber.

Here is my B31, which I converted to 120 last night. I'm not yet sure I'll keep it because I very rarely shoot MF, and I should get a better scanner if I start using it.

A quick shot at 1/25 f/4.5 from this morning's test roll, with some motion blur, a crappy scanner and a very unwiling model. Rollei RPX100+HC-110.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really cool! if you think about selling/trading it let me know.
tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Unwilling model is pretty familiar, I did same in my childhood Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens goes a little wider than most 6x9, which are 105mm. I like your results with that Rollei film
and HC-110, congrats! Unwilling indeed, her clenched hands say it all! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow lucky you!

That looks like a very unique bit of kit.
Unwillingness pays off. Your lovely Angel model gives this photo a nice narrative with her anger and wings :p

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kodak B31, Pathé/Angenieux 6x9 folder Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:

I'm not yet sure I'll keep it because I very rarely shoot MF, and I should get a better scanner if I start using it.

Please, Let me know if you decide to let it go. I would love to shoot with it. Smile
Your model is an angel. Shocked Wow! I thought she was a fairy princess Confused

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unwilling model is so cute! Congrats for your camera and model of course!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera is now for sale in the marketplace.