Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Contax C/Y collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: My Contax C/Y collection Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW..............I have a Contax 139 and no contax lenses Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very nice. I have very few - why are you leitax'd them ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
That's very nice. I have very few - why are you leitax'd them ?

I tried other adapters as well but did not trust them at all. I always kept one hand on the lens and one on the camera. After I Leitaxed them I never worry about them falling off. Plus they fit like a glove. I use my lenses for filming as well as photography. When filming and using a follow focus, there is nothing worse than having any play in the mount. With Leitax it is as if the lens is an integral part of the camera. I used them on a RED and a Sony Fs-700 as well as on my Canon 5D MKII.

Should I ever want to return them to original, it takes about 5 minutes. (keep the spare Contax parts in a safe place ) Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am green from envy , you have best lenses! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am green from envy , you have best lenses! Congrats!!

+1 green Mr. Green Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green with envy here too Mr. Green
Beautiful looking gear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should leitax'd mine too. just checked the site. that's very true that i cant trust the thin adapters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous collection! Thank you for sharing.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best bang for the buck! congrats, great collection!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the compliments. Don't be green with envy please. I was lucky to find a couple of sets of Contax gear and kept what I wanted. I sold of the rest for nice sums and that paid for most of the lenses. It took me about 2 years to get this collection together.

My LBA will have to be controlled now. I think I have everything I need, except for maybe the 2/100, or the 35 PC or the 35-70 Vario Sonnar, or.......

I have this blotter on my desk, maybe I should go for all of these....