Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Isolette II again
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Agfa Isolette II again Reply with quote

Some of the latest results with my newest favourite toy... All Tri-X, commercial dev and scan tweaked in Lightroom 1.4.

Self portrait with St Pauls.

Reflections of St Pauls

The River Lea

The Lime Avenue, Lamer Park

More on my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/krislockyear/

Cheers, Kris.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kris, this is great work. That last one is wonderful, deserves to be blown up 40x40" and hung on a wall Smile

I like Isolettes, the two I tried both had triplets, I saw one with a coated Solinar in a Compur-Rapid the other day, I might go back and grab it now I see these results. What lens does yours have?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite a while since I lived in East London, but I still find it hard to believe that is the River Lea: Where's the supermarket trolleys, old fridges, bikes and dead bodies? Laughing

Excellent shots with the camera and film combo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are one of the best film presenter here, this series is not an exception, last one is superb!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd shot... Reflection St Pauls is great.

Cropping the bottom third and a cloning out those stray branches on the left would take it another level.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Wow Kris, this is great work. That last one is wonderful, deserves to be blown up 40x40" and hung on a wall Smile

I like Isolettes, the two I tried both had triplets, I saw one with a coated Solinar in a Compur-Rapid the other day, I might go back and grab it now I see these results. What lens does yours have?

Thanks Ian. Mine is the cheaper model with the Agnar lens and the Pronto shutter.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
It's quite a while since I lived in East London, but I still find it hard to believe that is the River Lea: Where's the supermarket trolleys, old fridges, bikes and dead bodies? Laughing

Excellent shots with the camera and film combo.

It is a bit nicer upriver in rural(ish) Herts. Mind you, not that long ago Murphy Chemicals were pouring toxic waste in the river just downstream from this point.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You are one of the best film presenter here, this series is not an exception, last one is superb!

Thanks Atilla, although there are many superb photographers using film here whose work betters mine. Laurence comes to mind for a start!

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Thanks Ian. Mine is the cheaper model with the Agnar lens and the Pronto shutter.

Best wishes, Kris.

More proof positive that the humble triplet is not to be underestimated. Smile I have 120 folders with Rodenstock Trinar Anastigmat, Schneider Radionar, Voigtlander Voigtar and Zeiss Ikon Novar Anastigmat and they are all great, stopped down to working apertures, I can't tell the difference between the pictures they make and the ones from my folders with Skopar and Tessar lenses, I think you'd have to really look closely at a large enlargement with a loupe to find any difference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work on the self portrait.

womble wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thanks Atilla, although there are many superb photographers using film here whose work betters mine. Laurence comes to mind for a start!

Best wishes, Kris.

Possibly, but I haven't seen as much from him lately. I miss his work.

If the weather remains ok, I may put a roll through my Isolette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry is "the Master" to me, he did start me to love again film. Look forward your shoots Martin, finger crossed to get better light than actually.