Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accidental 3D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Accidental 3D Reply with quote

It is always fun when you test some stuff and get surprise results from "not-really-objects".

Distagon 35/2.8 + Kodak.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: ?? Reply with quote

I do not understand what makes this "3D" compared to any other photo with well composed DOF??

I am new, so please explain. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has that "pop".
It's a culmination of right DoF (not always wide open!), suitable light and the right subject.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Yes, it has that "pop".
It's a culmination of right DoF (not always wide open!), suitable light and the right subject.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subjects size & placements within dof & background distance all contribute

micro-contrast plays a role

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and I thought, naive as I am, it was an accidental white balance glitch... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice indeed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see quite common interpretation of 3D = POP. If there is some blurred object in front of popped one this is even more frequent. Neverteless some oppose POP being the same thing as 3D. POP clearly separates particular object from the background (shallow DOF). Whereas 3D keeps elements on the photo well connected, making transition into background slow and smooth. 3D does not emphasize one object but it puts observer into the photo. It's a feeling of being sucked into the situation presented.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I see quite common interpretation of 3D = POP. If there is some blurred object in front of popped one this is even more frequent. Neverteless some oppose POP being the same thing as 3D. POP clearly separates particular object from the background (shallow DOF). Whereas 3D keeps elements on the photo well connected, making transition into background slow and smooth. 3D does not emphasize one object but it puts observer into the photo. It's a feeling of being sucked into the situation presented. 3D photos tend to be very realistic.

Orio gave a good explanation of 3d, and in my words was:- pop in depth. But on the other hand I've seen a shot of one subject (a bust) that was an excellent looking 3D shot (wish I could find the link) and the photographer mentioned that some people stroked the print as they were fooled as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this one when I first took out the Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9.