Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

just bought minolta md 20/2.8: thoughts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: just bought minolta md 20/2.8: thoughts? Reply with quote

ive been looking for a reasonably priced, small, fast, good IQ lens to use on my gxr, so i just bought the above lens and have a couple of weeks wait before it gets to me.

so tell me, what do you guys who have used it think of this lens?
tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sharp, not as sharp as 55mm filter MD 24mm f2.8, but still sharp enough for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i love sharp! the problem i had with the cv 15/4 was that it was 'mushy'. i am an unapologetic 'pixel peeper', and when i 'peep' i want to see clarity! what do you find is its optimal aperture? have you used it on digital?
tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had older version of this lens with big diameter, good as than any other in this focal length, Konica, Nikon etc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want, I can take some tests tomorrow. Yes, I use it with my X-E1, but I prefer 24mm because of its focal length. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From f/4 tof/8 may be f/11 very good center. Near the 24rokkor MD. The corners are not very sharp inFF. Very nice lens.