Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Distagon 35mm F1.4 (C/Y)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Distagon 35mm F1.4 (C/Y) Reply with quote

Hi y'all, long time no see.

With the switch from a 5Dmk2 to a Sony A7R, I purchased the CV 35/1.2 and so no longer use this gem of a lens. I'm also in a financial crisis. lest I'd keep this around for old time's sake. Alas.

It's not a perfect copy; some scuffs on the barrel, and hairline wipe marks on the front and rear elements, but no fungus, etc. that will impact the image in any major way.

I'd rate the cosmetics at 8.5/10, optics at 8.5/10, and mechanics at 9.5/10. Comes with original front and rear caps, and I'll throw in a cheapo CY-EF adapter.

$750OBO plus shipping and Paypal fees. Photos coming later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures of the lens?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Do you have any pictures of the lens?

YES I DO.

And because of an internal scratch I found (near the edge so should have minimal, if any, impact), I'm lowering the price to $650

OK here are the pics.

Here is the rear element, it's a rub mark about 7mm to a side. Not deep, and difficult to see unless at the right angle.

Here's something I'd forgotten was there and so failed to mention; it's actually a decent "scratch" on the edge of an internal element (probably the front lens of the second group). It probably got there during a previous CLA session; not by me, I did not have the balls (or the need, really) to open up this lens. It's on the edge so I can't see it having any impact, but since it is something I failed to note, I'm willing to take off $50 from my asking price. $650

Here are two hairline wipe marks. Again hard to see and very hard to photograph, and will have minimal to no impact on the image. There may be another one or two, but consider these the most apparent.

Some cosmetics shots. Minor scuffs as reported, but nothing glaring.[/QUOTE]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woudl still call that an excellent catch to make!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A F2.8 lens cost $250+ and this F1.4 only cost $650??! I would have grab this one if I am not over spent. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens and I miss it so bad!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, this lens is now $650. And to reiterate, the "scratch" on the internal lens is *really* right at the edge and will most definitely not affect the image at all. Here is another, better shot of it; notice that the scratch (red arrow) is immediately next to the edge of the retaining ring (blue arrow) that is holding it in place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, this is an excellent opportunity to get one fantastic lens and great man to deal with! Cool

tf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD