Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 70-150 f4,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Canon FD 70-150 f4,5 Reply with quote

I am trying to divert some traffic towards this Equipment and Repair thread since I would like to repair this fine lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-nfd-70-150-wobbling-t84466.html#1573887

This a very good lens provided you have a good copy which is quite difficult since build quality is suboptimal.

So to induce you to have a look there I am posting some pics. Best.

Erable du Japon | Japanese Maple by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

Second pic with 20mm extension tube.

Glycine by lumens pixel, sur Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have any tips to improve image quality, I'd be most happy. I have one that looks pristine and doesn't wobble, but even through the finder is clearly inferior to the 7o-21o/4 Sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathala wrote:
if you have any tips to improve image quality, I'd be most happy. I have one that looks pristine and doesn't wobble, but even through the finder is clearly inferior to the 7o-21o/4 Sad

This lens is very sharp so if yours is not OK even from viewfinder I am sure there is a problem. You should buy another one and hope for the best. My copy is not inferior to the 70 210 that I very much praise.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good zoom. I had four and all of them had the last element with haze.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two pieces. Both are "crooked". Good zoom.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V5wvyJ8NZBBdJf848

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This lens is very sharp so if yours is not OK even from viewfinder I am sure there is a problem. You should buy another one and hope for the best. My copy is not inferior to the 70 210 that I very much praise.

would you be able to show some direct comparisons? I'd be more than willing to buy another copy, but as it stands, I don't have high hopes since it really looks and feels pristine. I have tested a handful of 5o/1.4s, some looking new, some battered, and saw no difference in their results.