Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camera and Lens Appraisal and Information needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Camera and Lens Appraisal and Information needed Reply with quote

HI all I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping some knowledgable people can tell me a little about some equipment I recently acquired?

Needing to know if there a any value to it as well and if there is a market for these items. as I don't use alot of manual items Thanks for everyone's assistance in this search for information on these items.

1 .Leica IIIF Body Only with Brown Leather Case No# 56836*

2. Canon Serenar 35mm F:3.2 for Leica with View Finder & Leica Lens Cap No# 6864* Also comes with a Brown Case

3. Rolleiflex Automat (MX) Model K4A with Brown Leather Rolleiflex Case No# 12116*

4. Nikkor-S.C 1:1.4 F-5cm Nippon Kagaku "Tokyo" No 32082* with View Finder No 32349* (Shows 3.5,5,8.5,13.5) Comes with
Black Case for Lens and Black Lens Cap and Brown leather case for Viewfinder

5. Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Hektor F=13.5CM 1:4.5 NR 85148* Also COme with Original Brown Case

Last edited by whodahellisbobby on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera and Lens Appraisal and Information needed Reply with quote

whodahellisbobby wrote:
HI all I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping some knowledgable people can tell me a little about some equipment I recently acquired?

Needing to know if there a any value to it as well and if there is a market for these items. as I don't use alot of manual items Thanks for everyone's assistance in this search for information on these items.

1 .Leica IIIF Body Only with Brown Leather Case No# 56836*

2. Canon Serenar 35mm F:3.2 for Leica with View Finder & Leica Lens Cap No# 6864* Also comes with a Brown Case

3. Rolleiflex Automat (MX) Model K4A with Brown Leather Rolleiflex Case No# 12116*

4. Nikkor-S.C 1:1.4 F-5cm Nippon Kagaku "Tokyo" No 32082* with View Finder No 32349* (Shows 3.5,5,8.5,13.5) Comes with
Black Case for Lens and Black Lens Cap and Brown leather case for Viewfinder

5. Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Hektor F=13.5CM 1:4.5 NR 85148* Also COme with Original Brown Case

Hello and welcome. This forum is about using old manual lenses, not valuing items you acquired Wink I'm sure members will be able to tell you more about the equipment though.

As for value, you can enter the details into ebay and select "completed listings". This will tell you what price people are prepared to pay.

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you much for the feedback i'm excited to knwo about this equipment and if perhaps i could use any of this on my D90 nikon as well. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately those lenses can't be used on Nikon d90 because of short register distance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell Leica and Rolleiflex and from sale amount you can buy plenty of Nikon lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here goes Leica IIIF around £200- £275
canon serenar £100-£150
Rolleiflex Automat £130-£160
5cm Nippon Kagaku £175-£250 Unable to find any sales of M39 version maybe more)
Leitz Wetzlar Hektor F=13.5CM £80-150

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Camera and Lens Appraisal and Information needed Reply with quote

Attila,

what do you suggest pricing these items at since i was just told this will not work on my D90. I wonder if it will work with a 5D Mark III or D800E. i'm asking what price as the comment following your state that the Leica body and Rolleiflex woudl only run about 500 total.. that not much to buy a Nikon Lens now and days.. lol Thanks in advnace for the replies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Camera and Lens Appraisal and Information needed Reply with quote

whodahellisbobby wrote:
Attila,

what do you suggest pricing these items at since i was just told this will not work on my D90. I wonder if it will work with a 5D Mark III or D800E. i'm asking what price as the comment following your state that the Leica body and Rolleiflex woudl only run about 500 total.. that not much to buy a Nikon Lens now and days.. lol Thanks in advnace for the replies

http://www.mflenses.com/es.php

you can see above post about prices and link to look sold items on Ebay.

Old Nikkor lenses AI, AIS a bit used abused rare go on high price in USA 50-100 USD each.
These are range finder lenses with short distance , they work only mirror less cameras, due short register distance. You can buy second hand Sony NEX-3, Panasonic G1, Samsung NX etc around 100-200 USD and enjoy your lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all worthless. I'll give you "5 for the lot. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, I think you should try them out 1st and see if you like them; only then consider selling.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Actually, I think you should try them out 1st and see if you like them; only then consider selling.

+1.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those prices are somewhat optimistic. I would decrease them one third to one half.

PS: Whenever someone posts looking for a value on an equipment forum, they usually get several replies advising to "try them out", "keep them and shoot with them", etc.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for us), the vast majority of people are not old gear collectors or users. They will never "try them out", and only want the latest automated digital equipment. The "keep it and try it" advice falls on deaf ears, they are only seeking to convert their finds into quick cash.

eddieitman wrote:
Ok here goes Leica IIIF around £200- £275
canon serenar £100-£150
Rolleiflex Automat £130-£160
5cm Nippon Kagaku £175-£250 Unable to find any sales of M39 version maybe more)
Leitz Wetzlar Hektor F=13.5CM £80-150

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leica IIIf body seems to go for $150-400 on US ebay, depending on condition, operability (tested and warrantied), and collectors details - accessories attached, variants, etc.

The Serenar 35mm seems to go for $200-300, yours seems to be a complete set with the case and viewfinder.

etc.

The guys above are right, these lenses can only be used on a mirrorless digital body like a Sony Nex-3. Its quite easy to do that as screw-mount Leica adapters for any of these are cheap and easy to find.

Vintage manual Nikkor SLR lenses (as opposed to older Nikon rangefinder lenses) are cheap. You should be able to pick up a magnificent Nikkor-S 50/1.4 for under $70.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-KOGAKU-JAPAN-No-781530-NIKKOR-S-AUTO-1-1-4-F-50mm-LENS-CASE-/310556502914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484e9c2b82

The Nikkor-Q 135/2.8 is also superb, and often available for under $50. I keep one around for my Pentax (yes, I can make this combo work), just to show the other 135's what to aspire to ! Etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Non-AI-135mm-f2-8-Nikkor-Q-/300843567050?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item460bac87ca

Have a look in ebay.

There are also many third party manual focus lenses available in Nikon mount that are very worthwhile, including some fine Russian wide angles and fisheyes. Check out the Tamron Adaptall line also.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Vintage manual Nikkor SLR lenses (as opposed to older Nikon rangefinder lenses) are cheap. You should be able to pick up a magnificent Nikkor-S 50/1.4 for under $70.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-KOGAKU-JAPAN-No-781530-NIKKOR-S-AUTO-1-1-4-F-50mm-LENS-CASE-/310556502914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484e9c2b82

The Nikkor-Q 135/2.8 is also superb, and often available for under $50. I keep one around for my Pentax (yes, I can make this combo work), just to show the other 135's what to aspire to ! Etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Non-AI-135mm-f2-8-Nikkor-Q-/300843567050?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item460bac87ca

These are pre-Ai lenses. I've never tried it, but many sources suggest that attempts to mount pre-Ai lenses on a Nikon D90 will damage it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

These are pre-Ai lenses. I've never tried it, but many sources suggest that attempts to mount pre-Ai lenses on a Nikon D90 will damage it.

Pre AI lenses can be AI'd by a qualified tech.
http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/aimod.html

The gear you picked up looks good, it's just that they were not designed for SLR's(distance from lens mount to sensor).
you can also look at KEH.com to find prices, buy or sell.

Of the stuff you have there, I'm most interested in the Nikkor, but that's me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you really want to try this, buy mirrorless cam Smile
the lenses worth more than Nikon D90 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
if you really want to try this, buy mirrorless cam Smile
the lenses worth more than Nikon D90 Wink

I don't know why I didn't say this in my post since I was thinking it, sell the bodies and get a NEX-6.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It's all worthless. I'll give you "5 for the lot. Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's grossly over-valued your junk which you can give me and I'll refund your postage - can't say fairer than that now, you being a Nikon user and all Laughing Laughing

You ought to try it. I get far more ought of film than digital - but then I am a Canon user! Laughing Laughing