Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Orwo Filmotec
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Orwo Filmotec Reply with quote

http://www.filmotec.de/?page_id=112&lang=en

I think about group buy on their low ISO film.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, UN54 is 100ISO, NP74 is 400ISO, both are excellent judging by the large number of samples on the net and they work in just about all developers. They are ideal for D76 and Rodinal, so very versatile and the look is very classical.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Orwo Filmotec Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
http://www.filmotec.de/?page_id=112&lang=en

I think about group buy on their low ISO film.

Great idea!!!!

Very interested in that group buy!!!

regards

JN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely interested if there would be a group buy for N74. I'm not really interested in the low-speed film!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently discovered that Filmotec has a representative in Romania too. Happy about it I wrote him and asked for a price list.
He answered 3 days later, informed me that the representative exists beginning with 2006 (well... the did not mention it on their website) and sends me a price list in Euro, mentioning that I have to add transport cost from Germany and 24% rumanian VAT.
Asking back what would be my advantage ordering from the rumanian representative considering that shipping I still have to pay international shipping but would not profit from the 19% german VAT he answered me that until 2006 romanian customers are not allowed to order directly from Germany but will be redirected to the romanian representative.

Now how comes I have the feeling of planned economy?
Oh well.. could be they need a few decades more to realise we have a free market now, maybe one day they get the concept of the EU unified market.
Until then I think my money will go to other producer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it's a case of them not having thought of there being a general retail market for their films and all they have is a very small network of distributors to sell their films to movie studios in different countries. They should expand into retail channels, or better still, setup a direct retail channel through a website.

I expect we will see Rollei selling these films under some new name in single rolls for a substantial markup. Sad

I don't buy single rolls, only bulk, as I like the economy and prefer to roll my own into reusable cartridges.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: richard devlin Reply with quote

richdevlin761 wrote:
Interesting read, thanks for helping keep me busy at work Wink

Lol , Welcome!