Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Converting a 3.7mm f1.6 CCTV lens for use on Pentax-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Converting a 3.7mm f1.6 CCTV lens for use on Pentax-Q Reply with quote

I bought this CS-mount Cosmicar/Pentax TV Lens for $22 from eBay. I dismantled all the rear part rings from the lens, leaving the plastic tube containing the rear lens element. The tube is about d-mount size. I screwed it into a d-to-P/Q adapter and the outer wall of the tube was forced into d-mount thread! Smile Then I can use the thread as a focusing device. The resulting lens is a 20mm equivalent lens when used on Pntax-Q! Comments on the performance of this lens are welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, now you have a better compact , but with 20mm lens. How do you like Q ? How do you happy with image quality on bright light , trees , bush, flowers etc ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Not bad at all, now you have a better compact , but with 20mm lens. How do you like Q ? How do you happy with image quality on bright light , trees , bush, flowers etc ?

I purchased my Q for just two weeks and I love it! I have tried several d-mount and c-mount lenses and the results were just great. PQ of course cannot compare with DSLR with larger sensor. However, with a sensor of just 6mm x 5mm, it really delivers a lot! It's compact and I enjoy using it very much! Smile

I add here a picture taken by Cosmicar 12.5mm f1.9 c-mount lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one too! I plan to buy it also and play with many C and D mount lenses, nice picture again. Tiny sensor is not visible at all.

I would like to ask you to publish each lens in separate topics with following titles.

'Lens name' Pentax Q it will help a lot to search engines and to members also to find samples later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Attila"]Good one too! I plan to buy it also and play with many C and D mount lenses, nice picture again. Tiny sensor is not visible at all.

I would like to ask you to publish each lens in separate topics with following titles.

'Lens name' Pentax Q it will help a lot to search engines and to members also to find samples later.[/quote]

Noted. Will do! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coool! I look forward more!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive indeed, great adaptation !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need to focus a 3.7mm lens ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luisalegria"]Do you need to focus a 3.7mm lens ?[/quote]

At wide-open f1.6, I need to focus. When stopped down to about f4, no focusing is needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from some barrel distortion, the IQ is really great. Doe the Q allow you to store lens profiles and adjust how the sensor reacts to different lenses? That might help eliminate the distortion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="poilu"]impressive indeed, great adaptation ![/quote]

Thanks, poilu! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="David"]Aside from some barrel distortion, the IQ is really great. Doe the Q allow you to store lens profiles and adjust how the sensor reacts to different lenses? That might help eliminate the distortion.[/quote]

Yes! I downloaded free firmware v.1.01 and is allowed to input focal length of the manual lens attached.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really surprised how nice these results are! Now I must grab some c and d mount lenses and a q!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="iangreenhalgh1"]I'm really surprised how nice these results are! Now I must grab some c and d mount lenses and a q![/quote]

Yes, I am surprised by it too! When it was out on the market last year, it was priced at HK$7000 ! (approx. US$900!) It was way too high! Now that Q10 is out, Q's price is adjusted to HK$2,600. Everything suddenly becomes reasonable and thus I purchased one. It's a correct decision, I guess! Smile