Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New toy (Olympus E-PM2) (New Images)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: New toy (Olympus E-PM2) (New Images) Reply with quote

Jumped to a m43-system as I wanted a smaller travel camera. So far my impressions are good. IQ is not that far from K-5.

Edited the post as the original images are gone. Some vacation shots from Greece.

#1 Olympus 45/1.8

#2 Olympus 45/1.8

#3 Olympus 45/1.8

#4 Pentax M75-150/4

#5 Pentax M75-150/4

#6 Olympus 45/1.8

Last edited by soikka on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks rather the tilt adapter was the toy to play with... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Looks rather the tilt adapter was the toy to play with... Very Happy

Manual focus lenses were limited to DA10-17 FE on a normal adapter and these two on the tilt adapter, hence the tilt emphasis.
And of course that's something new and "exciting" that can be done with my old lenses Smile.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know , one year later on . . . . But I also got E-pm2 recently and I am using it !
I stopped using early 12MP Olly m4/3 when I got a sony nex but E-pm2 is similar IQ to nex and I am using both now.
I've chipped in to remind others that there is a big leap in IQ with 2nd gen. Olly sensor and aps-c compared to early 12mp m4/3 sensor.
At least 1st gen are now cheap ~ $100 for body.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spakkker wrote:
I know , one year later on . . . . But I also got E-pm2 recently and I am using it !
I stopped using early 12MP Olly m4/3 when I got a sony nex but E-pm2 is similar IQ to nex and I am using both now.
I've chipped in to remind others that there is a big leap in IQ with 2nd gen. Olly sensor and aps-c compared to early 12mp m4/3 sensor.
At least 1st gen are now cheap ~ $100 for body.

It's a good (and small) tool.
Just would like to have couple more fn-buttons to make it perfect, but it's not needed with MF-lenses.
Now I've got also a Panasonic GF-2 for video with modified FW. That's actually good for photos also, but with higher ISOs the difference between generations starts to show.

I modified the original post, as the photos were lost.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for the camera . How do you feel it ? How does the stabilisation Works with mfl ?
I intended to get one myself mainly as af carry-everywhere camera ,but still with the epl1 for now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Congratulations for the camera . How do you feel it ? How does the stabilisation Works with mfl ?
I intended to get one myself mainly as af carry-everywhere camera ,but still with the epl1 for now.

Sorry, I don't have too much experience with stabilization and MF-lenses.
My PM2 is usually accompanied by either Lumix 20/1.7 or 14/2.5, they're just too easy and small.
With those the stabilization works good IMHO.