Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mounting Exakta lenses on Pentax-K body?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Mounting Exakta lenses on Pentax-K body? Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to mount the Exakta lenses on the Pentax bodies?. I know of Exakta to EOS adapters, but I've been unable to find one for the Pentax.

Thanks in advance,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen any.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even that it would exist or make one the focusing to infinity is not possible. I think the Exakta's registered distance is about 44.7 mm vs. 45.45 mm in the case of Pentax and/or M42.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can do it if you replace the EXA-mount with a PK-mount. A lot of work (if possible at all)!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Perhaps you can do it if you replace the EXA-mount with a PK-mount. A lot of work (if possible at all)!

I'll try it if I get some cheap lens that wouldn't mind to lose...

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exakta register is bigger than M42, so mounting Exakta lenses on M42 bodies is feasible.

Captain Jack agree :
Quote:
Lens Mount Converters

Lens converters are available to fit just about any Exakta lens onto just about any other maker's camera. Depending on the design, a few of them provide automatic diaphragm coupling while most are strictly manual affairs. Some cameras with larger internal bayonet openings permit the Exakta lens to be focused to infinity while others only permit closer focusing distances.

I have seen lens converters for Exakta to Alpa, Canon, Miranda, M42 (Pentax/Edixa/Pentacon), Minolta, Olympus Pen, Nikon, Yashica Pentamatic, Leica, C-Mount, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Exakta register is bigger than M42, so mounting Exakta lenses on M42 bodies is feasible.

Here http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/penadapter.html someting else is written: "Exakta/Topcon - bayonet - 44.70"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe CaptainJack is referring to adapters to fit other lenses onto Exakta cameras, not the other way round.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter the quote is very specific about it
Quote:
to fit just about any Exakta lens onto just about any other maker's camera

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I agree with Cosmin about the Exakta register distance. Maybe CaptainJack can explain.