Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lloyds Pharmacy 200, bleak midwinter, DIY C41
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Lloyds Pharmacy 200, bleak midwinter, DIY C41 Reply with quote

I made up a fresh batch of Fuji Hunt Xpress developer and this was the first film through it. Contax IIIa, Biogon 2.8/35. Weather was awful but I accepted that and tried to capture the damp, gray atmosphere.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, on my monitor all your shots seem to have an ugly green cast.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Ed, such are the vagaries of long expired cheap off-brand C41 films, I've had all kinds of wacky colours and casts with prior rolls.

My conclusion from this roll was the light was really too bad to make nice pics and with C41 films, if they are expired more that a couple of years, it becomes a gamble as o what you get.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible result Sad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had even worse with the first roll of this film I shot, there is 1 more left, I won't be using it.

I think the key thing is how the film was stored, seems this was not stored well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yes, I had even worse with the first roll of this film I shot, there is 1 more left, I won't be using it.

I think the key thing is how the film was stored, seems this was not stored well.

Watch out EBay - here comes another "Out of Date Excellent Lomo / Art film" Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I have colour film going back 12-14 years and old "no name" films from boot sales, but never had results as bad as this...................

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some frames are actually quite passable from a lomo point of view. And do go to that lomography site, there they'll love each and every frame to death. Smile