Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Polypan F50, Contax IIIa, Biogon 2.8/35, Fomadon LQN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Polypan F50, Contax IIIa, Biogon 2.8/35, Fomadon LQN Reply with quote

This film has high contrast so to tame it I experimented with 1:19 Fomadon LQN for 35mins at 15C. Results were great in density and grain. Some of the roll was spoiled by surging from the sprocket holes, not sure why, first half of roll was fine, second half wasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to find any piece of black, looks to me like my experience with LQN+ILFORD , try proper ILFORD developer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree, tonality is good considering the light conditions. Gray days make gray pictures, roll on spring and some good light. I was out for 5 hours with the Contax today and the light kept changing, sadly, while the Polypan was in the camera it was very dull, the shot of the back door of the church is at f2.8, 1/25, so very dark. Sod's law, the clouds parted and the sun reappeared after I finished the Polypan roll.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that tonality in pic6 is realy nice! good job! but the other pictures look bit flat to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I agree they look a bit gray, but it was very gray when I shot it, so considering the light I'm quite pleased. I'll have to try again in good light.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking, did you use any filter? In such conditions maybe yellow or orange might help to improve contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't use a filter. I have a nice Voigtlander yellow one that fits my Contax lenses so I will try that one day, cheers for the tip.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was searching for some picture to show how filters work, maybe this will help:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/digital_black_and_white.html#wyoming

http://www.fineart-photography.com/bwfilter.html

I cannot imagine shooting BW without filters.