Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interesting online auction house
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Interesting online auction house Reply with quote

I was looking online at some lenses, and found some saved internet auction(s) mostly from years past.

I was looking at what some of these items in lots sold, and was shaking my head...!

Some amazing deals were had at this site.

http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2708T/lots/377

did these auctioneers know what they have on their hands, or was the market for non digital lenses just not as inflated back then????

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting online auction house Reply with quote

davidblue1984 wrote:
I was looking online at some lenses, and found some saved internet auction(s) mostly from years past.

I was looking at what some of these items in lots sold, and was shaking my head...!

Some amazing deals were had at this site.

http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2708T/lots/377

did these auctioneers know what they have on their hands, or was the market for non digital lenses just not as inflated back then????

I get their catalogues always, as I know them for lomng, but was never tempted to bid....hmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i def. would be tempted but alas most of those auctions have expired. some of those camera/lens lots have some very rare/appealing pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that traditional auction houses will tack on a 15-20% buyer premium, sometimes also state sales tax, and shipping... well they are not going to be losing any money on that. No siree Bob! For example, not long ago I won a lens in an auction like that with a $45 bid. The final cost was $81 with $27.5 paid for a medium-priority size box. However, I expected that, in fact I bid with the expectation of the $40 overhead, but a newbie might get a shocker when he or she learns just how much a UPS store charges.