Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking at Sony A77 -or- Nex-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Looking at Sony A77 -or- Nex-7 Reply with quote

I like the features of both, I'm leaning towards the A-77- but the Nex-7 is still being considered.

The problem is all the talk about noise being present in ISO 1600 and below, which troubles me.

Anyone here having good luck with the A77 or Nex7 and manual lenses?

I'd hate to cancel the deal because of focus peaking, 24 MP, and OLED EVF.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both superb cameras all depends on what you want, compact like camera or slr. I would get a77 but if you want to invest a lot in manual lenses mirror less would be better option.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A77 works great with manual focus lenses, just like NEX-7 (or NEX-6).

Besides all other differences between DSLR and mirrorless, discussed numerous times, I would base the decision on what type of lenses do You plan to use - I have 500mm MF lens that I would not want to use with NEX, but also have some PEN F lenses that will not fit dSLR.

So I have both NEX-6 and A77.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO it's not the best time to get either of both. Sony has plans to replace the Nex-7 soon and so are the rumours regarding A-77. Don't get me wrong - both are great cameras, I own the A77 for more the a year. Noise up to ISO 1600 is not an issue, it's higher than that when it gets worse.
As for shooting MF lenses I'd get the nex-7 or even better the nex-6, you can adapt virtually any lens on E-mount.