Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Bushwalk with The Vivitar 28-90mm 2.8-3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: A Bushwalk with The Vivitar 28-90mm 2.8-3.5 Reply with quote

Lots of fun.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: A Bushwalk with The Vivitar 28-90mm 2.8-3.5 Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Lots of fun.
OH
[/url]

It's a nice lens, if a bit heavy.
Very nice photos. You sure have some strange vegetation down under. The stuff on no.3 is particularly intriguing - looks like the rotary brushes at my local car-wash. What is it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: A Bushwalk with The Vivitar 28-90mm 2.8-3.5 Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Lots of fun.
OH
[/url]

It's a nice lens, if a bit heavy.
Very nice photos. You sure have some strange vegetation down under. The stuff on no.3 is particularly intriguing - looks like the rotary brushes at my local car-wash. What is it?

Many thanks.
It is one of the many varieties of banksia.
Named after Sir Joseph Banks, who was the botanist accompanying Captain James Cook on the 1770 voyage of English discovery of "The Great South Land"
These banksia are past their best, and look grand when first in flower right through to when they brown off and go to seed.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lens!

It's part of my "nature study"walking trio.....

Vivitar 28-90/2.8 - 3.5
Vivitar 90 - 180/ 4.5 Flat Field Macro
Noritar 250/ 4.5

Coupled with Canon 90T and Vivitar OMD cameras, I can cover lots of possibilities.

Texsport

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite zoom lenses as well
You have showed nicely how good this lens is. Lovely images! I like the more abstract ones Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you done some post processing? is that vivitar really that kind of contrasty? Wink great samples!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
have you done some post processing? is that vivitar really that kind of contrasty? Wink great samples!

Thanks you.
Yes, all images were taken in RAW so need to be imported to LR5 for treatment.
They all needed exposure adjustment - some more than others - in some cases up to 1.25EV. LR5 adjusts the contrast when auto exposure is set as well.
No sharpening has been done in any of these shots.
Here is another from yesterdays walk.
It is heavily cropped.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way nice, Oldhand! Smile Wink i use PS, but not LR for post-processing...can't stand the GUI of LR,
i like RT (RawTherapee - OpenSource) more...where are you from? Such cool landscapes...

Some Landscape shots of mine, but not with mflenses....

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that didn't work.
I guess the forum isn't up to showing links yet.
Location is Mid North Coast of NSW - Australia.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all time favorite lens. It's given me thousands of beautiful and publishable images. I purchase mine in the mid 80's when it was introduced the the photography market. Still using it today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
My all time favorite lens. It's given me thousands of beautiful and publishable images. I purchase mine in the mid 80's when it was introduced the the photography market. Still using it today.

It is a wonderful lens Russ.
It also has a useful close-up feature.
OH