Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accura 5/300, not bad at all
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Accura 5/300, not bad at all Reply with quote

Today a postman brought to me a heavy packet with an Accura 5/500. There is an Accura Diamatic of the same focal length, made by Sankor. Mine is not definitely the one. It does not have "Diamatic" or another added name, the serial number does not include "E", and the lens' design looks more modern, both the barrel and a blue multicoating of the front glass. MFD is a long 4.5m.

The lens renders really well from WO, at least as for sharpness. It also gives quite visible purple fringing at all apertures, under strong sunbeams. And its general IQ lets me think of Tokina which may have produced the lens. At least, its sharp, colourful rendering with strong CAs gets my memory pop up an experience with a Tokina 2.8/135.

Here are some samples at f5 and f5.6, with autocontrast applied and taken with Sony Nex, making its focal close to 450mm.

#1 Wide open

#2 Wide open

#3 f5.6

Here is a shot at infinity, with the aperture progressively closed down. At f16 the diffraction gets slightly visible. In-forum images look softer than thoses clicked.

#4 At f5

#5 At f5.6

#6 At f8

#7 At f11

#8 At f16

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of harsh sun beams the lens does not give that strong purple fringing. So even more usable, especially given its low price even in ebay BIN listings.

Both ones wide open, with Sony Nex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Do you have a pic if the lens ? Your #4 might be out of focus ? The small chimneys in the background look sharper than the front ones .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like one of these?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/photax-paragon-promura-kaligar-300mm-f5.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Your #4 might be out of focus ? The small chimneys in the background look sharper than the front ones.

After you said that I looked more attentively ath the shot and admit you must be right. It is not a fall of performance in the corners, just the focusing.

Here is a shot of the lens I borrowed from ebay listings, as the light is too poor for a better picture of my copy.

Marcus, the versions you refer to look pretty much the same.