Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Music Video I made (MF Glass only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: A Music Video I made (MF Glass only) Reply with quote

the song is in russian also the text. but please feel free to have a look anyway.
I will love to hear your comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ZDXsejcoY

could you please help with how to Embed the video here?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did a good work. Some of the frames are really great! Loving the separation provided by DOF. Also beautiful lighting.
There is a problem, in some frames, of camera "roll" (little jump) esp. at beginning of frames.
But of course being a "home production" it's forgivable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio. btw the words they are writing on the sand and in the end says "A man is a small world." its unisex in russian..
could you please explain what do you mean by roll, is it the camera shake or maybe due to bad transition between segments?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
Thank you Orio. btw the words they are writing on the sand and in the end says "A man is a small world." its unisex in russian..
could you please explain what do you mean by roll, is it the camera shake or maybe due to bad transition between segments?

Yes, in a couple of frames there's like a little "jump" in the beginning. In my experience this happens when using a long tele, when you press video rec button on camera there is a little vibration of camera, which shortly disappears.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i need to pay attention to that.
I hope this clip will be popular in the russian "street" at least some how, and we can make another one, with notes taken from the last one etc..
I will be glad to hear more opinions Smile please... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
Thanks i need to pay attention to that.

Simple, when starting recording say "camera", then count down 3 and say "action", so actors start
like in big movies Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clip is quite good - better than the song, IMHO.
Can't say much about "cinematography", cause it's quite compressed, but framing and camera movements seem ok.
I think you could give it a more professional look and more appeal by refining the editing.

The song is quite "boring" no rythm changes, no dynamics variations, no choruses: if you go along this scarcely dynamic development you may risk of getting a boring editing.
For example Avoid juxtaposing two similar shots (the girl near the square column): keep the best longer, and Insert some close-ups to create rythm.
Alternate longer shots with series of shorter ones. Synch cuts (and movements inside the shot) with sounds often, but not always.
If there's no hearable drum pattern, imagine one that fits the song and use it as a (flexible) grid to synch cuts, it will be perceived as a strong link between sound and images.
Avoid too long and complex movements: it's almost impossible to achieve professional looking ones without professional gear, and in a music clip they often break rythm.

Use out of focus -> in focus rather than the opposite, and in both case cut as soon as the focus change is done (I.e. don't hold blurred images even for a frame, only use it as long as it is "blurring".

Oh, and there's a black frame around 3'10".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the video drew my full attention while watching, enjoyed it, very well done Smoli, congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys! i'm still learning, so your feedback is important to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Excuse me for my English. Maybe a little bit late but I need to say this is some nice video. there are shots that i thought "woow nice". But there where also shots that I thought "awh to bad!". for example the shot on 03.04. the girl looking to a point but you show what behind the girl. we want to see where she looking to/at. Iff poeple don't do that it feels really bad to me. I know you move later to that "good"side so maybe its just a choice you made but I just wanted to point that out. You did it on 1.06 to, that shot feels a little bit boring on me maybe you could do something with light or location. I liked the shot on 1.16, really nice, nice location! I don't wana be a hater just help a MF guy out and which lenses did you use?