Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1930 Sonnar 4/7.5cm for Zeiss Ikon Movikon 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: 1930 Sonnar 4/7.5cm for Zeiss Ikon Movikon 16 Reply with quote

This is a tiny lens only 50mm long and 33mm in diameter, it has this unusual 3-lug bayonet for the Movikon 16mm cine camera.

Here is the camera:

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these http://kevincameras.com/gallery/v/zeiss_misc/zeiss_lenses/2254573/?g2_page=2 are from an ebay listing I stumbled upon some time ago. It looks like yours, even if the pics are not extremely clear, and the seller says it is in movikon mount (about which I know nothing, by the way).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for good hint!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you for good hint!

+1

That lens on kevin's site is the same, so if he is correct and it is Movikon mount, then so is the one I showed picture of.
Anyone know what the register is for the Movikon mount?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experimented with the lens on my NEX, it fits inside an M39 adapter with about a mm to spare all around so I packed it with cardboard from the inside of a toilet roll tube, register seems to be around 25mm.

Wide open with flash it seems impressively sharp to my eyes with the classical smooth as silk Sonnar rendering.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing result from any lens, especially from a century old one Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I was shocked. I wonder if the other Movikon 16mm lenses cover the NEX sensor too? That tiny Topogon 1.3cm would be very useful and the Sonnar 1.4/2.5cm would be too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

below 35mm surely hopeless

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I fear so. Sad