Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this a CCTV camera?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Is this a CCTV camera? Reply with quote

Is this an auto iris lens? And not usable on M4/3?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box is a C-mount CCTV camera.

The lens looks older, without auto iris, but I can not say for sure -- I can not see in pictures if any wires go into lens. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The box is a C-mount CCTV camera.

The lens looks older, without auto iris, but I can not say for sure -- I can not see in pictures if any wires go into lens. Wink

Thanks. I won the lot for 0.99£ so now waiting for it to arrive. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lens is c-mount you will be able to mount it on m4/3 but it will vignette alot - most probably you will just see the image circle.
If it is cs/mount ( same thread but shorter register) it won't be able to focus at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stefan and others, Actually this turned out to be a bad decision. I could not see the wires going to back of the lenses but these are all auto iris lenses, so pretty much useless for me.

If there are any CCTV enthusiasts who wish to have it then let me know else I may just put it on freecycle. It has four lenses computar 12.5/1.3, Cosmicar 12.5/1.4, Cosmicar 8/1.4 and a fujinon 16-160/1.8.