Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

zuiko 85mm f2 vs contax carl zeiss planar 85mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: zuiko 85mm f2 vs contax carl zeiss planar 85mm f1.4 Reply with quote

hello

this is a very fast comparaison between my new zuiko 85mm f2 vs contax carl zeiss planar 85mm f1.4 on sony nex 6 body

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114394093@N05/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zuiko looks nice Smile for the size of it... I really like it. It is one of the smallest 85mm lenses which I want to have Smile. Much better than the Pentax 85 2.0(which I sold). The Planar... it is old one but nice lens, what I do not like in it is the bokeh Smile yes the bokeh when you close the aperture gets unpleasant shape.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wide open the zuiko is little soft and less sharpness than the carl zeiss but at 2.8 the zuiko become very good, near the zeiss who is a little more contrasted.

the zuiko with half weight of the carl zeiss (including adapter, 350g vs 700g ) who is very good.

totaly agree with you about the "ninja/star" shape. i never understand why they make this shape

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Zuiko is a bit front focused that is why the Contax seems quite a bit sharper.

Would not mind having the 85/2 but the 100/2 should do the job for me and probably a lot closer to its direct Contax Planar rival Smile