Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First time out with the new Helios 44-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: First time out with the new Helios 44-2 Reply with quote

Hi! Smile I have been lurking on the forum for a while soaking up lots of good info. Thanks for this great resource! I bought my first MF lens recently and took it out for the first time today. Admittedly, I am a total MF newb, but I was happy with these (I did have lots of "throw away" images - still getting a feel for this lens).

Helios 44-2 on a Canon EOS Rebel XS, post-processed in Adobe LR.

Thanks for looking Smile

Last edited by skretin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: First time out with the new Helios 44-2 Reply with quote

skretin wrote:
Hi! Smile I have been lurking on the forum for a while soaking up lots of good info. Thanks for this great resource! I bought my first MF lens recently and took it out for the first time today. Admittedly, I am a total MF newb, but I was happy with these (I did have lots of "throw away" images - still getting a feel for this lens).

Helios 44-2 on a Canon EOS Rebel XS, post-processed in Adobe LR.

Thanks for looking Smile

Welcome to the forum! Your photos and image processing shows you are a not a newb to photography. You know how to make use of the flare to enhance the atmosphere of your photos.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Photography has been a favorite hobby of mine for a while, but I feel I still have much to learn, especially on the technical side.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your imagines are all very nice. I like how you used the flare to enhance the picture. I think I yet have the eye to get pictures like that. Where in Texas are you from? I'm also from Texas.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile I was very happy with the flare in those shots, too. I currently live in Huffman, TX (north of Houston). Whereabouts are you from? Small world!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skretin wrote:
Thanks Smile I was very happy with the flare in those shots, too. I currently live in Huffman, TX (north of Houston). Whereabouts are you from? Small world!

I'm from Houston, Texas. Yes it is a very small world out there. Which model of the Helios 44-2 did you get? I also have been looking into this lens but can't figure out which one to get. I'm trying to figure that out by looking at the post on this site.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool to meet another Houston-ite Very Happy
I'm not actually clear on which model I have (told you I'm a newb) Embarassed Here is the link to what I purchased, if it helps any: http://top35mm.com/helios-44-2-2-58mm-russian-lens-canon-eos-af

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link fellow Houston-ite. It looks more useful than ebay that's for sure.
Was it hard to get your dog to sit where you wanted him/her?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem!
Nah, he knows the drill by now. I've been subjecting him to forced photo shoots since he was 8 weeks old (he is 3 years now) Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not dog fan, but these pictures are great

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images and dog ! Congrats for both ! Go a head I wish to see much more from you Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Beautiful images and dog ! Congrats for both ! Go a head I wish to see much more from you Smile

+1000 This! I would like to see more myself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all very kind, thank you Smile Since this was my first outing with the Helios, I don't have much else to show for it. Here is the link to my Flickr, though. It is nothing impressive (can you tell I like dogs a lot? lol) and not updated too frequently, but you may enjoy looking through it. Other than the above images, everything else was taken with AF lenses so I'll not post them here Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dynamutt/

edit; Here are 3 more from the same shoot, I just did not post them originally because IMO they are not quite as good. But you are asking for more so Smile

I am really loving the bokeh this lens can produce!

Last edited by skretin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skretin wrote:
You are all very kind, thank you Smile Since this was my first outing with the Helios, I don't have much else to show for it. Here is the link to my Flickr, though. It is nothing impressive (can you tell I like dogs a lot? lol) and not updated too frequently, but you may enjoy looking through it. Other than the above images, everything else was taken with AF lenses so I'll not post them here Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dynamutt/

NO excuse Laughing Laughing

You can post here
http://forum.mflenses.com/autofocus-corner-f29.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good indeed Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
NO excuse Laughing Laughing

You can post here
http://forum.mflenses.com/autofocus-corner-f29.html

I missed that board - thank you! I'll check it out Smile