Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR-1 35mm f2.8 ORWOCHROM Kamchatka
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: MIR-1 35mm f2.8 ORWOCHROM Kamchatka Reply with quote

It had been taken by the lens Mir 1 35/2.8 upon the camera Start. The film was ORWOCHROM. The year 1985. The place was Kamchatka, near volcano Kluchevskaya Sopka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WOW picture, I did fix title due lot of trash html characters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
A WOW picture, I did fix title due lot of trash html characters.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
A WOW picture...

+1 stunning!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same lens, the same film, the same palce, the same time (really it was the year 1985)

Camp in the forest near that volcano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another excellent shoot , I suppose it was an exciting challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of scientific expedition were you involved in?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

As a student of the surveying I had been sent to the Institute of Volcanology and Seismology in Kamchatka for the practice. We did surveying for the scientific purposes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
stingOM wrote:

As a student of the surveying I had been sent to the Institute of Volcanology and Seismology in Kamchatka for the practice. We did surveying for the scientific purposes.

Wow, and they sent us to the back lawn and around the city to learn surveying! Very Happy

Very nice images of course.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
stingOM wrote:

From the look of the young lady's bug hat you also did some entomology field work Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked those old slide film shots.. the first picture is amazing!

just curious, what was the situation with slide films availability and processing, back in '80s in USSR?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:

Wow, and they sent us to the back lawn and around the city to learn surveying!

So they do today with the students in my Alma Mater. My times fortunately had been much, much happier. And the grass also used to be of much greenish color. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:

From the look of the young lady's bug hat you also did some entomology field work

Well, I believe the mosquitoes had been behaving too friendly for her point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:

just curious, what was the situation with slide films availability and processing, back in '80s in USSR?

Well, the slide film from the native production was scarcely useful. People preferred the DDR ORWOCOLOR, or the FOMA from Czechoslovakia. However, it had been very difficult to caught it in the store. So, you had to look for the helpful salesman who would present it to you for the price much higher that it had to be officially. Which, of course was quite illegal. From which reason that service had been offered only to persons whom that salesman trusted.

However with the processing there was no problem at my time. There used to be a lot of chemistry packages from factories, and so-so reliable store processing. I processed my fist slide film myself, but later was too lazy to repeat this experience.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more. Our camp near the Pacific.

The USA is exactly across the ocean Very Happy