Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f/4 Reply with quote

How about this lens ? I reserved in local camera shop, before I buy I would know your opinion. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What mount is it? I have been looking for one for a long time, but always showed up only in Exacta mount. I don't know much about the lens, it is a lot less talked about than the 20mm Fleks, probably because it is less diffused (i.e. less people have it).
If the shop does not charge much, and if it's M42, I would buy it. If you don't like it, you will surely be able to resell it on Ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bang .... M42 Smile I am thinking on it to keep in my collection if I decide I let it go I will offer for you first and I try to hunting down a second one for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kadlubek: € 141,- Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a couple of very interesting pages about the Fleks here:

http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot/zeiss_flektogon/flektogon1.htm
http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot/zeiss_flektogon/flektogon2.htm

And they talk about the 25mm too, with photographs of the various versions.
The 25mm. is discussed on the second page.

It's italian, but with an online translator you can be able to get the meaning.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Bang .... M42 Smile I am thinking on it to keep in my collection if I decide I let it go I will offer for you first and I try to hunting down a second one for you.

Ok Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PRODUCTION AND NUMBERS OF SERIES

The production of objects Carl to you Zeiss Jena can be described also based on the amounts and the numbers of series. The first years of the post-war period, from 1945 to 1952, are characterize to you from numbers of series between 3.000.000 and 3.470.000 and bring recorded the indication of the expressed focale length in centimeters, at least until the numbers of series around 3.350.000. Between 1952 and the 1955 come constructed object to you with series numbers until 4.000.000. In the years that follow the productive rhythm increases in remarkable way. In the 1958 it is arrived to the number of series 5.000.000, in 1961 to the number of series 6.000.000, in 1964 to the number of series 7.000.000 and in 1967 to the number of series 8.000.000. In the 1970 it is arrived to the number of series 9.000.000 and the productive rhythm begins to come down, in order to arrive in 1975 to the number of series 10.000.000 and in order to only exceed to the end of the years the Eighty number of series 10.800.000.
As a result of the fall of the Berlin wall and to the re-unification of the Germany the society Carl Zeiss Jena comes smembrata, a part returns under the control of the Foundation Carl Zeiss, a part remains active with the Jenoptik name and a part comes acquired from the Docter group. As a result of these events the production of objects to you photographic Carl Zeiss Jena comes definitively suspended.

This is from Italian site, I guess completely wrong. I had serial number 9875 or 4234 for example for MC lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Attila:

I've got a Flektogon 4/25 in Exakta mount, and my particular copy seems very prone to flare even when any strong light source is just out of frame.

As far as I can see on mine, there's nothing actually wrong with the glass like cloudiness or anything like that, but any strong light source results in a very noticeable reduction in contrast. I would suspect the 25 is only single-coated and that this may be the reason, but since it's an uncommon lens, I don't have another to compare it with.

Might be just my copy, but I'd try before you buy.....

It is however, every bit as well corrected for barrel distortion as the 4/20 and if the copy you're looking at flares like mine, you could try shading the lens with a hand or fitting a suitable hood.

You can always resell it if it doesn't suit due to it's rarity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bob! I guess because this is rare item in M42 mount I can sell any time if need money, hopefully.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's equally rare in Exakta mount too - either way I doubt you'll lose on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw here in local camera shops with Exakta mount many times , this is the first one in what I saw with M42.From this years M42 mount is more rare than Exakta like in 1.5/75mm Biotar lenses , perhaps expensive lenses was more sell able for Exakta than early M42 cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4/25 is rare over here in the UK in either M42 or Exakta mounts for some reason.

From the original Kine Exakta of 1936 up until the VX1000 in 1967, there was only one major change in the bayonet mount and that was merely the addition of an extra set of lugs on the outside to accommodate the longer focal lengths that were starting to appear in the '50s. In it's heyday, the Exakta was the SLR system camera so there were a tremendous amount of lenses made for it by French, German and Japanese manufacturers - I've seen an Olympus Zuiko 40mm lens in Exakta mount.

The interest in M42 mount lenses notably WA from Canon owners in particular seems to stem from the general consensus that Canon can't make a decent WA. It all boils down to simple supply and demand - finite supply + high demand = higher prices.

Having said that, if you find another Flek 4/25 in M42, let me know Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for improve my knowledge sure I will make a list Smile and put you there right after Orio Smile If I find some nice item and I have already I will always ask you guy before I put to my Ebay shop or left it go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem and thanks Attila Smile