Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two lenses have arrived, same price.....very different sizes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Two lenses have arrived, same price.....very different sizes Reply with quote

I've got two USSR's lenses, one from Ukrain and the other from Greece.

Their sizes were compared at Maximun length on my Oly E-330

The larger and longer lens is Telear-N 3 3.5/200 Kiev19 (Nikon) mount and the smaller (smallest Tele lens I've seen) is Jupiter-11 M39 mount.

They are very different in size but I've got them in the same price.....$45 each, already included shipping cost.

The Telear-N went to the wrong place for bidding in eBay. People goes to that store (in Greece, I think you know that store well) only for GDR's lenses, not USSR's lenses. So, I can get it in lower price and very Mint condition.

I've known that the aparture hole of Telear-N 4/200 has non symmetrical shape. DA......, I've got the correct lens, it's really non symmetrical.

Last edited by pilant on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their minimum and maximum lengths.

and some pics. from these lenses.

Jupiter-11 4/135

Telear-N 3.5/200
flashlight, behind glass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for your new aquisitions. For me the Jupiter dosn't look so tempting like the Telear. I wonder if it is sharper and overall better than the other russian 200mm lens, the Jupiter-21M and 21A (which one would be a great one to have since it has that A mount - the mounts can be replaced: M42, M39, F Nikon, K Pentax ...).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

I don't have the #Jupiter 11, but I've got Telear and it's a lens that quickly grew on me, stopped down a stop or two it's very sharp with strong colour transmission.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-11 maximum average lens, Telear is excellent.Newest Jupiter-11A is excellent too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

The Telear 200 is a fantastic lens. Compared to the Jupiter-21 (I am in the lucky situation to own both lenses) the Telear 200 is not as well built, but it performs a little better.

The Jupiter-11 might not be the "sharpest" or "best" lens in terms of resolution, contrast etc., but I really like its character and it's a beauty!
I like my J11 a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten has right as well about J-11 and Telear.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-11 is beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know that guys this Jupiter-11 has black SLR version with M42 mount and M39 mount ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Did you know that guys this Jupiter-11 has black SLR version with M42 mount and M39 mount ?

Yes, Attila....

I'm hunting another Jupiter-11A, black body.

Uhmm... but what do you mean? Jupiter-11 (non A) black SLR version???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ! Same lens but in black finish.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not known and seen about this.

It might be the same as Helios-44 in silver and 44-2 in black, J-9 M39 in silver and M42 (SLR) in black, but I've never seen J-11.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw that jupiter - immediately an image of a spanner popped into my head, can't think why?